A Conway resident was allegedly robbed at gunpoint by a homeless man while walking home from a local bar last week.
Online records show 36-year-old Antonio Farris is behind bars in lieu of a $500,000 bond after authorities suspect he robbed another man at gunpoint Oct. 20.
Farris faces three felonies — aggravated robbery, theft of property obtained by threat of serious physical injury or death and possession of firearms by certain persons — following the incident.
According to a probable cause affidavit, the victim was walking home from the Bears Den on Farris Road on Oct. 20. The incident in question occurred by the water fountain at the intersection of Farris Road and Bruce Street.
The victim told authorities afterward that he could hear footsteps behind him and "felt like something was wrong."
When he turned around, he was met by a black male who was about 5 foot 10 inches tall and wearing all black.
"[The victim] stated that the black male demanded his money, [so he] gave the suspect his phone and his wallet," the affidavit reads. "[The victim] stated that the suspect then told him to run east on Bruce Street towards Donaghey Avenue."
After running "for a little bit," the victim turned around and headed back toward his apartment so he could use a friend’s phone to call police.
The Conway Police Department was called out later that night to a suspicious vehicle at On the Border that was "circling the building."
An officer was able to stop the vehicle in question and found the victim’s ID and debit card under the seat Farris was sitting in.
Farris, who also showed to have outstanding warrants out of CPD, Little Rock and Jefferson County, was taken to the county jail in connection to the aggravated robbery reported earlier that night.
He is set to appear in Faulkner County Circuit Court at 9 a.m. Nov. 6 for a plea and arraignment hearing.