• May 5 — The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas will close the Winter Crisis LiHEAP Assistance Program effective May 5. For more information in Faulkner County, please contact the Administrative Office at (501) 329-3891 or 707 Robins St., Ste. 700, Conway, AR 72034. In Cleburne County, please contact Debbie Gilmer, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6924 or at 305 W. Searcy St., Heber Springs, AR 72543. In White County, please contact Lisa Smith, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6962 or at 1132 Benton St., Searcy, AR 72143.
• May 6 — Toad Suck Daze Run 2017 at 8 a.m. (10K/5K Run, Conway). Visit http://www.toadsuckrun.com/register/ to register for this event.
• May 6 — VW & Classic Car Show from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 501-920-8206 or email VDubShowtime@comcast.net.
• May 9 — Faulkner County Democratic Party will hold its Annual Donaghey Dinner at 6:30p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at the Ole Gin. Creator of Reservations are required by May 3. No tickets will be available at the door. Matt Campbell, Creator of the "Blue Hog Report" is the featured speaker. Democratic officeholders and candidates will be honored. Mary Acklin will receive the 2017 Marion Baker Lifetime of Service Award as presented by Betty Pickett. Live music provided by Fat Soul Band. Email reservations and/or questions to email@example.com. Online tickets may be obtained at http://faulknerdemocrats.com/donaghey-dinner-2017. Sponsorships are available at three levels.
• Organ Recipients Association of Arkansas/Conway area meets the first Tuesday of each month. We meet at various local restaurants at 5:15 p.m. to discuss all aspects of transplantation and help families cope with problems that arise. If you are a transplant recipient or are in need of a transplant, we can help. All transplant types are included. Friends and family are welcome. Contact Dale and Deb Smith at 501-472-0461 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ora-ar.org for location and meeting details.
• The Conway Men’s Chorus will present its 19th annual SpringSing Pops Concert at 7:00 p.m at Reynolds Performance Hall on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas in Conway. Doors open at 6:30 with free admission and parking to the west and south of Reynolds Hall as well as a block to the east across Donaghey Ave. For more information, go to www.conwaymenschorus.org/events.
• Al-Anon meetings from 5:45-6:45 at Grace United Methodist Church. Address: 1075 Hogan Lane, Conway
• Ladies’ Lunch Break at Second Baptist Church Student Center on Farris near Dave Ward Drive (enter off of Farris). Come and be fed both physically and spiritually from noon to 1 p.m. A meal including dessert and drink is served for $5. Nursery care is available. Call 501-730-4106 or 327-4066 to make arrangements.
• Faulkner County Tea Party guest speaker on Thursday , May 4 , is Faulkner County Prosecuting Attorney Cody Hiland . We meet at Larry’s Pizza in Conway from 12-1pm . All are welcome .