• The annual Mt. Vernon-Enola School reunion will be held Saturday, May 27, at the Mt. Vernon-Enola school cafeteria in Mt. Vernon. The reunion will begin at 11 a.m. with a potluck lunch at noon. The graduating class of 1967 will be honored. All former students, teachers, faculty and staff are invited. Bring yearbooks, pictures and memories to share. For additional information, call 501-680-4633, 501-733-7207, or 501-849-2145.
UCA Outreach/Get more information, costs and register online for the following events at http://uca.edu/outreach:
• Monday-June 9, ACT Prep Course, Monday, Wednesday, Friday (excluding Memorial Day), 5-7 p.m. This course is designed for high school students who have previously scored between 17 and 25 on the ACT. Four UCA faculty members will review subject material and offer test-taking tips to help students progress through the exam.
• Tuesday and May 25, Arkansas Boaters’ Education, 6-9:30 p.m., Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center. The Arkansas Boaters’ Education Course teaches fundamentals of safe boating. This free course includes Arkansas Boating Law, classification, registration, rules of the road and much more.
• June 10 – Plates and Palettes: Bruschetta and Brushes, 5-8 p.m., UCA Downtown. Culinary and art join forces. Connie Tipton will conduct an interactive demonstration of Italian style bruschettas. Next, Branch Out Paint Bar’s artist will guide you through replicating the night’s featured painting.
• July 17-21 — Cub Fit Camp, Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center. This camp is for rising fourth- and fifth-graders. It includes a dynamic daily schedule of activities related to fitness, nutrition and wellness. Family members will be invited to see the campers present what they have learned the final afternoon of camp.
• The May meeting of the Conway Shakespeare Club will be held at the home of Marette Stiritz at 1:30 p.m. Janie Harrison will present a program on Katherine Anne Porter’s "Pale Horse, Pale Rider." Co-hostesses for the program will be Claudia Davis and Molly Jones.
• The Faulkner County Tea Party will meet at noon at Larry’s Pizza in Conway. Speaker is Arkansas Lt. Gov. Tim Griffin. The meeting is open to the public.
• Conway Newcomers’ Club May Welcome Coffee is set at 10 a.m. The coffee is open to any woman, either new or longtime, with a Conway address interested in meeting new friends and learning more about Arkansas. For information, call Catherine at 501-513-1956 or Karen 501-932-6063.
• "Barefoot in the Park" will be performed Friday-Saturday at 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Treischmann Fine Arts Building at Hendrix College. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased online at redcurtaintheatre.com or at the door. For more information email email@example.com.
• Conway MayDay Play Day hosted by the Conway Area Tennis Association at the UCA Tennis Courts with the UCA women’s tennis team. There will be a mini mixed-doubles tournament and professionally led drills. RSVP to Hannah Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign-up ahead of time is preferred but walk-ins are welcome. Cost of the event is $15 per person. Funds support the Conway Area Tennis Association.
• Needs Creek Baptist Church Cemetery Decoration Day on Saturday with a potluck at noon. Donations are now being accepted for the upkeep of the cemetery as well. Mail donations to Brent Clay-Sec. Treas. P.O. Box 842, Greenbrier, AR 72058, or call 501-733-8626. To find the church, take Highway 65 North to Springhill, turn right on Highway 287 and drive approximately 3 miles.
• The Cheerful Givers Ministry will host its annual banquet. This year, The Cheerful Givers will be celebrating 25 years as a nonprofit ministry. It was established in 1992 in the home of our president, Sister Veletta Cummings. The banquet will again be held at the Greater Pleasant Branch Baptist Church, J R Raynor Educational Building, 601 Spruce St., in Conway. Special guest will be Barnell Canady, and the banquet begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 501-327-1522.
• Wesley United Methodist Church 70th anniversary celebration begins at 9 a.m. with a gathering time and light refreshments, followed by a worship service at 10. Former pastor the Rev. Steve Johnson will deliver the message. Following the service will be a barbecue dinner as well as sharing of stories and memories of the church. Anyone who has an interest in the church is welcome to attend. Call the church office at (501) 327-7629 for more information. The church is at 2310 E. Oak St., across from Caldwell Country Store.