• The Faulkner County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) will have a meeting on May 24 at 11 a.m. at the Baptist Health Medical Center located at 1555 Exchange Ave, Conway. Jody Carter, Baptist Health Medical System Emergency Preparedness Coordinator will be giving a tour of the hospital and presenting. The public is welcome to attend.
• The annual Mt. Vernon-Enola School reunion will be held Saturday, May 27, at the Mt. Vernon-Enola school cafeteria in Mt. Vernon. The reunion will begin at 11 a.m. with a potluck lunch at noon. The graduating class of 1967 will be honored. All former students, teachers, faculty and staff are invited. Bring yearbooks, pictures and memories to share. For additional information, call 501-680-4633, 501-733-7207, or 501-849-2145.
UCA Outreach/Get more information, costs and register online for the following events at http://uca.edu/outreach:
• Through June 9, ACT Prep Course, Monday, Wednesday, Friday (excluding Memorial Day), 5-7 p.m. This course is designed for high school students who have previously scored between 17 and 25 on the ACT. Four UCA faculty members will review subject material and offer test-taking tips to help students progress through the exam.
• Thursday, Arkansas Boaters’ Education, 6-9:30 p.m., Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center. The Arkansas Boaters’ Education Course teaches fundamentals of safe boating. This free course includes Arkansas Boating Law, classification, registration, rules of the road and much more.
• June 10 – Plates and Palettes: Bruschetta and Brushes, 5-8 p.m., UCA Downtown. Culinary and art join forces. Connie Tipton will conduct an interactive demonstration of Italian style bruschettas. Next, Branch Out Paint Bar’s artist will guide you through replicating the night’s featured painting.
• July 17-21 — Cub Fit Camp, Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center. This camp is for rising fourth- and fifth-graders. It includes a dynamic daily schedule of activities related to fitness, nutrition and wellness. Family members will be invited to see the campers present what they have learned the final afternoon of camp.
• Needs Creek Baptist Church Cemetery Decoration Day with a potluck at noon. Donations are now being accepted for the upkeep of the cemetery as well. Mail donations to Brent Clay-Sec. Treas. P.O. Box 842, Greenbrier, AR 72058, or call 501-733-8626. To find the church, take Highway 65 North to Springhill, turn right on Highway 287 and drive approximately 3 miles.
• The Cheerful Givers Ministry will host its annual banquet. This year, The Cheerful Givers will be celebrating 25 years as a nonprofit ministry. It was established in 1992 in the home of our president, Sister Veletta Cummings. The banquet will again be held at the Greater Pleasant Branch Baptist Church, J R Raynor Educational Building, 601 Spruce St., in Conway. Special guest will be Barnell Canady, and the banquet begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 501-327-1522.
• "Barefoot in the Park" will be performed Saturday at 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Treischmann Fine Arts Building at Hendrix College. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased online at redcurtaintheatre.com or at the door. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A radio control airplane event hosted by Conway RC Club is set at 9 a.m. at Beaverfork Lake Park in Conway. Drone racing, a raffle, food and first-time flyers are part of the fun. Participate for $10, but admission for spectators is free and open to the public. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Wesley United Methodist Church 70th anniversary celebration begins at 9 a.m. with a gathering time and light refreshments, followed by a worship service at 10. Former pastor the Rev. Steve Johnson will deliver the message. Following the service will be a barbecue dinner as well as sharing of stories and memories of the church. Anyone who has an interest in the church is welcome to attend. Call the church office at (501) 327-7629 for more information. The church is at 2310 E. Oak St., across from Caldwell Country Store.