• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provide to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday - Friday at Conway Ministry Center located at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. Lunch to be served from 12:30-1 p.m.
• On June 30, the Arch Ford Education Service Cooperative Early Childhood Program will destroy special education records of students who were transitioned and/or dismissed from special education services in the program on or before June 30, 2011. This is in compliance with the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR at 34CFR76.734).
Parents and/or guardians may obtain any records in the folder prior to June 30, 2017. For additional information, call the Early Childhood Office at 501-208-5417.
• Garden Sketch Hour returns to the Urban Farm Project at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., on Tuesdays at 5 p.m., beginning Tuesday. Each week, the group will explore the garden and choose a fruit, vegetable or flower to sketch. Colored pencils and paper are supplied. Sketch Hour is open to teens and adults and is free.
• The Conway Community Band will host free public concerts at the Kris Allen Stage in Simon Park in downtown Conway. The concerts start at 7:30 p.m. June 9 and June 30. Guests can bring their lawn chair, a blanket or even a picnic. The community band is sponsored by Virco and hosted by the Conway Downtown Partnership. It also receives support through several other local corporate sponsors, including the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce and the Log Cabin Democrat. For more information, contact Ricky Brooks at 450-5764 or email@example.com; or Robin Ratliff at 450-4880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Danny Santos will be live in concert at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., on Tuesday, June 13, at 7 p.m. The event is open and free to the public.
• Faulkner County Library hosts a free writer’s workshop with singer-songwriter Kerry Grombacher to be followed by a concert, "Jumpstart Your Creativity." The June 17 workshop begins at 10 a.m., followed by the 2 p.m. concert. The event is free and open to the public.
• Former Miss UCA, Miss Arkansas and runner-up to Miss America Lencola Sullivan will present an address at the Leadership Training For Women-Owned Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Tuesday, June 20, at 11:30 a.m. at the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, 900 Oak St. The event is free and open to the public but an RSVP is required. For more information and to register, contact Angela Courtney at 870-538-4853 or email@example.com.
• The annual Mt. Vernon-Enola School reunion will be held at the Mt. Vernon-Enola school cafeteria in Mt. Vernon. The reunion will begin at 11 a.m. with a potluck lunch at noon. The graduating class of 1967 will be honored. All former students, teachers, faculty and staff are invited. Bring yearbooks, pictures and memories to share. For additional information, call 501-680-4633, 501-733-7207 or 501-849-2145.
• Kids All-American Fishing Derby begins at 7 a.m. at Bob Courtway Middle School, hosted by Conway Morning Optimist, Bob Courtway Middle School and Wal-Mart, for ages 3 to 13. A big-fish contest with prizes and a "Most Fish by Weight" contest will be highlights. For more information, call Ronnie Barton at 501-336-7200.
• Pickin’ Porch is held each Saturday at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Bring instruments or come and listen. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Event is free.
• Feed the Need is one day only, from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. at the Wal-Mart on Dave Ward Drive, the Neighborhood Market on Prince, Kroger on Salem, Kroger on Oak and the 10Box on Harkrider. For more information or complete shopping lists, visit www.conwayministrycenter.org. Food collected through Feed the Need will be distributed directly through the Storehouse, as well as support other pantries in the community.
• Oak Bowery Baptist Church homecoming and cemetery decoration is set beginning at 9:45 a.m. with singing. Jim Nolan will speak at 11:30 a.m. and a potluck lunch will follow at noon. Singing will resume at 1:15 p.m. Marty Phillips of Crossett will provide new singing convention song books. This annual event is 100 years old and is free and open to the public. An offering will be received for the upkeep of the cemetery. For more information, call 501-329-5040.
•Yarn-a-holics meets Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email email@example.com. Event is free.
• Community Meditation is each Tuesday from 12:30-1 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Event is free.
• Tai Chi Classes are at noon and 1 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email email@example.com. Event is free.