• CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet Thursday, June 29, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. The Governing Board will also review and adopt the 2017-18 CSBG Grant Request. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke counties in Arkansas and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• A public information meeting regarding the proposed Residential Planned Unit Development, Lincoln Apartments PUD for property located at 1620 and 1624 Robinson Ave. will be held at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the City Hall downstairs conference room. The public is encouraged to attend, ask questions and provide feedback.
• The Conway Convention & Visitors Bureau has rescheduled its June A&P meeting for 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• At 6 p.m. Tuesday, the Faulkner County Republican Women will host a Flag Day event at the Hilton Garden Inn in Conway. Guest speaker will be former Arkansas first lady Janet Huckabee. The annual event serves as a fundraiser for local Republican candidates and will include a silent and live auction. Limited tickets still are available. Call Fran Nichols at 501-680-0740 for more information.
• Danny Santos will be live in concert at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The event is open and free to the public.
• The Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., hosts a free writer’s workshop with singer-songwriter Kerry Grombacher to be followed by a concert, "Jumpstart Your Creativity." The June 17 workshop begins at 10 a.m., followed by the 2 p.m. concert. The event is free and open to the public.
• The Conway Planning Commission meeting will be at 7 p.m. June 19 at the Russell L "Jack" Roberts District Court Building, 810 Parkway St.
• Former Miss UCA, Miss Arkansas and runner-up to Miss America Lencola Sullivan will present an address at the Leadership Training For Women-Owned Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Tuesday, June 20, at 11:30 a.m. at the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, 900 Oak St. The event is free and open to the public but an RSVP is required. For more information and to register, contact Angela Courtney at 870-538-4853 or email@example.com.
• Lip Sync for Life City Day, 1-3 p.m. at the Kris Allen Stage downtown Conway, featuring 2017 Honorary Survivor, a balloon release in honor and memory of those who have had cancer or are currently fighting cancer and entertainment as groups battle it out with a Lip Sync Battle for a Cure while enjoying some free refreshments from the Centennial Bank Grill. Bounce houses, Kona Ice and face painting on site.
• Conway Farmers Market is now open each Saturday from 6:30 a.m.-noon at Antioch Baptist Church on Amity Road. The market also will be open for peak season Tuesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 17.
• The annual all-years Enola School reunion will be held at the Enola school cafeteria in Enola. The reunion will begin at 11 a.m. with a potluck lunch at noon. Bring your favorite dish to share. Faculty, students, parents and friends are invited. Bring yearbooks, pictures and memories to share. For additional information, call Trudy Taber at 501-269-2543.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 1590 will host an Aircraft Swap Meet and Eats at Poe’s Aerodrome, 234 Rooster Road. Gates open at 9 a.m. Lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. For more information, costs, etc., log onto www.1590.eaachapter.org or call Dan Davis at 501-472-1197.
• Beryl Baptist Church is hosting "Simple Faith" Gospel Singing Trio from Ireland at 7 p.m. at the church, 873 Main St., Vilonia. The performance is free to the public, but the church will be taking a love offering.
• The Hardin Cemetery at Bee Branch will have its annual Decoration Day at 2 p.m. Vacant board positions will be filled at this meeting. An anonymous donor has agreed to match donations 1 to 1 — up to a total of $1,000. For cemetery improvements and for markers to go on 149 unmarked graves. For those who can’t come and would like to send a donation, please mail checks to Charlotte Ward, 349 Long Lane, Bee Branch, AR, 72013. All community members, friends and others who wish to honor the people buried at the Hardin Cemetery are invited. Directions — turn east in Bee Branch on Highway 92 East and travel approximately 1 ½-2 miles. Turn left onto the Hardin Cemetery road and travel half a mile. Cemetery is on the left.