• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be nondiscrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• The 30th Annual Toad Suck Car Show will be held on Saturday, July 29 at the Conway Expo Center & Fairgrounds on 2505 Oak St. Admission is Free. For more information/price to register car, contact Larry Jones 733-2427, Ken Hamacher 843-4730 or Thomas Hudson 908-9511. Registration must be received by July 15.
• The Central Community Development Institute is hosting a Lunch and Learn with Ben Muldrow, Thursday, Aug. 3, at UCA Downtown, 1105 W. Oak St. The event will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. For more information, cost of attendance and to RSVP, visit uca.edu/go/muldrow.
• Ms. Arkansas USA Ambassador Sabra Harris Presents: Princess Ball @ The Castle. There will be Disney Princesses and Princes, a Cinderella Carriage, dancing and more. This fundraiser is to support Nationals and Big Brother Big Sister Program. The event will be held July 8 from 6-8 p.m. For ticket information visit Eventbrite@Ms Arkansas USA Ambassador. To donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Faulkner County Solid Waste Management District will have their quarterly board meeting at Vilonia City Hall on July 10 at 10:00am.
• Woolly Hollow State Park in Greenbrier will host Girls Adventure Day Camp July 11-13. The camp is for girls’ ages 7-11 and includes activities such as hiking, camping skills, kayaking, and crafting. For more information or to register email email@example.com or call 501-679-2098.
• The Rock Society Children of the American Revolution will host a come-and-go event to help you discover your Revolutionary War ancestry. The event will be held Monday, July 17, from 4-7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., in Conway.
• The Damascus Fire Department is holding a fundraiser at 6 p.m. The event will be held at the Water Department on North Road. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and fireworks (weather permitting.)
• The Red Cross hosts a blood drive in Conway at Dick’s Sporting Goods on 620 Elsinger Blv. from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and at the Walgreen’s on Oak St. from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• Family Vibes, Inc. is offering free counseling services and appointments available for married couples, families and individuals. Sessions are open to the public and are held from 6-7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library. For more information, contact Dr. Kimberly Clay at 501-908-4985, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Red Cross hosts a blood drive in Conway at The Walmart on 1155 Hwy 65 N from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• The Red Cross hosts a blood drive in Conway at The First Security Bank on Old Morrilton Hwy from10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and at Belk on 601 Elsinger Blv. from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• The Red Cross hosts a blood drive in Conway at Hurley Chiropractic and Wellness Center on 2100 Meadowlake.