• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be nondiscrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• The Central Community Development Institute is hosting a Lunch and Learn with Ben Muldrow, Thursday, Aug. 3, at UCA Downtown, 1105 W. Oak St. The event will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. For more information, cost of attendance and to RSVP, visit uca.edu/go/muldrow.
• United Way of Central Arkansas is hosting their annual Stuff the Bus Day of Caring August 6 at 8 a.m. Stuff the Bus eases the financial burden on families with school-aged children that are struggling to make ends meet, giving a student who is in need the required supplies. Donations are being collected August 1 – 5 at various locations in Faulkner County. To see specific donation drop off locations or to volunteer for the kick off, visit www.uwcark.org/stuffthebus or www.uwcark.org/volunteer.
• The 30th Annual Toad Suck Car Show will be held on Saturday, July 29 at the Conway Expo Center & Fairgrounds on 2505 Oak St. Admission is Free. For more information/price to register car, contact Larry Jones 733-2427, Ken Hamacher 843-4730 or Thomas Hudson 908-9511. Registration must be received by July 15.
• The Rock Society Children of the American Revolution will host a come-and-go event to help you discover your Revolutionary War ancestry. The event will be from 4-7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., in Conway.
• New Life Church is hosting an informational meeting for prospective foster and adoptive parents. The meeting will be held from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at New Life Church in Conway. In the meeting, you will get your questions answered, hear more about The CALL, and get an overview of the entire process. For more information call 501-733-2618.
• The Conway AARP Chapter will have their monthly meeting at the Conway Senior Center on 705 E. Siebermorgan Road. The meeting will begin at 11:30 a.m. and dismiss at 1:00p.m. Their speaker will be Jason Hooks of the AR Game & Fish Commission. Must be 50 years or older to attend. For more information call Ruby Johnson 327-0498, Vinita Davis 329-8722 or Mary Pat Cullum 327-5171
• CAPCA Commodities hosts a Health and Cancer Screening Event from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the CAPCA office on 707 Robins Street in Conway. The event offers screenings such as blood pressure, glucose, mammogram, colorectal cancer FIT tests, immunization assessments/vaccinations and more. Mammograms are by appointment, to schedule call 1-800-259-8794. Bring insurance card if interested in being vaccinated.
• The first day of the 2017 Faulkner County Singing Convention will be held at Eastside Baptist Church at 7 p.m. The Church’s address is 1735 East Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032.
• The second day of the 2017 Faulkner County Singing Convention will be held at Eastside Baptist Church at 10 a.m. The Church’s address is 1735 East Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032