• CAPCA will have its monthly Commodity Distribution on Thursday, Aug. 24, from 8:15 to 11:30 a.m. at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, in Conway. The Emergency Food Assistance Program works to improve the health of qualified applicants. Commodities will be given on a first come, first served basis. REQUIREMENTS: Must meet income guidelines, declaration of all household income and photo identification. If you are picking up commodities for someone, you must have a signed and dated statement from that person giving you permission to pick up their commodities. You may pick up for only one other person. More information is located on the agency Facebook page at Facebook/capcapage.
• The University of Central Arkansas College of Fine Arts and Communication and Division of Outreach and Community Engagement are hosting the Gene Hatfield: A Lifetime of Distinction, Achievement and Emeritus art exhibit at UCA Downtown through Aug. 25. UCA Downtown, 1105 Oak St., is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be nondiscrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• Friendship Baptist Church hosts Friendship Clothes Closet, August 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Friendship Baptist Church, West Republican Road. Clothes are donated and given free. Call 501-679-1672.
• The Arkansas Coding Academy hosts an Open House from 5-7 p.m. at UCA Downtown. Learn more about upcoming classes and other opportunities available through the Arkansas Coding Academy. Refreshments will be served.
• The city of Damascus holds its monthly City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at 17319 Hwy. 65 South in Damascus.
• The Parkinson’s Disease Support Group holds its monthly meeting at 1:30 p.m. at the McGee Center in Conway. For more information, call Bronnie Rose at 501-329-6282.
• The Hot Springs Daylily Society meets at Garvan Woodland Gardens in the Magnolia Room at 10 a.m. Free admission. The program will be "Chartreuse Hates Pink: Color in the Garden" by Tom Dillard. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Lin Johnson at 501-318-0288 or 870-942-6040 or Yvonne Becker at 501-922-3296.