Downtown Conway has so much happening right now and more on the horizon. If you haven’t visited downtown Conway lately, you should soon to take in all that is new. Here is an update on what is happening in your downtown this month.
Downtown Conway is happy to announce the opening of several new businesses.
• Board and Brush Creative Studio at 1875 McKennon St., Suite 500
• Francis M. Fine Jewelry at 804 Front Street
• HDE at 1024 Van Ronkle
• Outfit Alley at 1010 Oak Street
• Stoby’s Restaurant at 805 Donaghey Avenue
• Funky Junky at 1103 Oak Street
• John Daly’s Steakhouse and the Lofts at 912 Front Street
• WunderHaus at 900 Locust Street
EM has been an anchor store in downtown for the past 10 years of their 32-year run. Liz and Larry took the lead in bringing their flagship store to downtown Conway and we thank them for their vision and leadership. We wish them well in retirement from retail.
You may have noticed there are several development projects in the works. First, is a public/private partnership project to reconfigure the public parking area at the corner of Main and Parkway. The reconfiguration will add 44 new parking spaces to the downtown parking inventory of over 1200 on street and public parking areas. Next, Salter Construction will begin work on the JLofts this month. This project will create 21, one and two-bedroom loft apartments with parking for tenants on the ground floor. This project is located at the corner of Spencer and Smith Streets. Lastly, Covington Companies is scheduled to start a new mixed-use project at 1121 Front Street. This project will include three retail bays at street level and three loft apartments with balconies that will overlook Front Street.
If that weren’t enough, the Conway Downtown Partnership is pleased to announce that the Building Improvement Grant cycle is now open. The grants are made possible through Main Street Arkansas and the Department of Arkansas Heritage. The grant application cycle will remain open until, Friday, September 29, 2017 at noon.
Just in the past three years the grants have already generated an estimated $65,000+ in reinvestment back into downtown Conway through private building rehabilitations.
Property owners and tenants (with property owner approval) are eligible for the building improvement grant. Please know there are free resources available to you through Main Street Arkansas’ design team that can walk you through your building improvement options.
If you have questions about the grant, would like to apply for a grant, or speak to a design consultant, contact Kim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501.932.5407.
For those looking for commercial or residential property in the downtown Conway area, contact Kim Williams at email@example.com or call 501.932.5407 for more information about properties for sale or lease in Downtown Conway.
Mark your calendars for the following dates of interest in Downtown Conway:
• Thursday, October 12, 2017, 11:30a| Annual Luncheon
• Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 8:45a | Merchant Breakfast Meeting
• Sunday, November 12, 2017, 1:00p | Christmas Open House
• Saturday, November 25, 2017, 1:00p | Small Business Saturday |Conway Christmas Tree Lighting |Illuminate Festival
• Saturday, December 9, 2017, 11a | Mistletoe Madness
Visit: DowntownConway.org for more details about these events.
• Art Experience, Inc. of Conway — Empty Frame Sale is set through Aug.31. Fill a bag with mat board and foam core scraps for a donation to the Dorris Curtis Scholarship Fund sponsored by the Conway League of Artists and practice how to properly fit your artwork into an existing frame while enjoying light refreshments and free framing advice. An opening reception is planned Friday, August 18 from 6-8 p.m. Art Experience is located at 1027 Front Street and online at artexperienceinc.com.
• Cross Creek Sandwich Shop is featuring Ida Mae’s Custom Cookies for special events. Call 501-764-1811 for ordering information.
• Startup Junkie with Gina Radke, CEO of Galley Support Innovations, is set 5 p.m. Aug. 24 in the Makerspace at 242 S. Donaghey Ave. The free, public event will feature catering from Tacos4Life. The topic is building your social network.
• The Great Escape, benefitting the Women’s Shelter, is planned from 10 a.m.- 6p.m. Aug. 26 at the COnway Expo Center.
• UCA Downtown will host Conway Conversations from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 29. Dr. Candice Barnes will speak on teaching civility. RSVP to uca.edu/outreach/conversations.
• Sept. 22, Conway Symphony Orchestra will take the Simon Park stage at 7:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
• Save the Date for Conway ArtsFest, Oct. 7. All ages are welcome to the free event in Downtown Conway that will feature live music, art activities, art vendors and more.
• King’s Live Music hosts Karaoke every Thursday from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. for those 18 and older. There is no cover. Tyler Kinchen & The Right Pieces will play live at King’s on Aug. 26. Follow King’s Live Music on Facebook for more information and upcoming acts.