Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department and Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Aggravated robbery at 200 South Harkrider St., Conway (Satterfield’s convenience store). At 9:13 Tuesday night a suspect described as an armed black male about six feet tall and weighing about 185 pounds stole $500 cash. According to CPD public information officer Sharen Carter, surveillance camera footage provided little information as the suspect was wearing some sort of cloth over his face and head.
2. Filing a false police report at 1600 block of Donaghey Avenue, Conway. Police were dispatched at about 2 a.m. Thursday to investigate reports of an armed robbery and made contact with 25-year-old Emmeul Lewis Gillespie of 1126 South Main St., Newport. According to the report, Gillespie told police that he had been washing his car when a suspect described as a black male "walked up behind him, pulled a gun on him, told him to give him everything he had, then drove off in the car." The report indicates that the officer listening to Gillespie’s story had been on foot patrol near the car wash at the time of the call, and had seen Gillespie walking down Donaghey Avenue toward the car wash as the officer was also responding to the car wash. The vehicle in question was found soon after by other officers a few blocks away, crashed at Arkansas Avenue and Manor Street. Suspicious of Gillespie’s account of the incident, the officer contacted PD and a detective was dispatched to interview Gillespie, who admitted to fabricating the robbery story to cover for a friend who was driving the vehicle when it crashed, according to the report.
3. Residential burglary at 1400 block of South Donaghey Avenue (Conway). Victim reported on Oct. 9 that someone must have stolen a mailbox key from her home and used it to pilfer her mail, taking a checkbook and debit card which were used to make fraudulent check transactions in the amount of $945 and $587 in debit card transactions. A suspect was identified.
4. Motor vehicle theft at a residence off Old Springfield Cove (a few miles southeast of Quitman). Victim reported on Oct. 8 that her vehicle was stolen. According to the report, the victim "picked up the suspect, who was a hitchhiker, in Pennsylvania and then returned with him to (the victim’s) Quitman home ... (where) he proceeded to steal the vehicle listed on page one." The vehicle was recovered near the Missouri state line, according to the report, and a man identified in the report as Steve Anderson, date of birth and address unknown, arrested.
5. Motor vehicle theft at 1500 block of John Bryant Drive, Conway. Victim reported that at some point between 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday someone stole a white 2001 Honda Accord coupé.
6. Motor vehicle theft at 10 block of Friendship Road (just north of Conway). Victim reported on Oct. 5 that at some point between 5 a.m. on Oct. 4 and 10 p.m. on Oct. 5 someone stole a red Dodge Ram 1500 pickup.
7. Located stolen vehicle at a wooded area near Cypress Valley Road (a few miles northeast of Plumerville). On Oct. 10, a deputy investigating reports of a stolen vehicle deep in the woods encountered a group of juveniles on ATVs and asked them if they had seen such a vehicle. The juveniles advised that they had, and that the only way to get to it would be by ATV or on foot. The juveniles agreed to ride to the vehicle, which was buried in mud up to the tail lights and partly burned, and return with the license plate number. The deputy then walked as far as he could, according to the report, to confirm that there was indeed a vehicle there. The license plate number returned to a Ford F-250 pickup reported stolen from Hertz Equipment Rental in Conway around the end of September.
8. Recovered stolen vehicle at 10 block of Highway 310. A deputy responded on Oct. 6 to reports of a possible stolen vehicle and located a blue Mercury Villager minivan in a wooded area. The vehicle, which had been reported stolen from Harrison, had been covered with cut bushes in an attempt to camouflage it. The vehicle was towed and stored as evidence.
9. Theft of property at 500 block of Highway 64 East (between Conway and Vilonia). Victim reported on Oct. 9 that someone had stolen a portable storage building containing a lawnmower, power and hand tools and various building materials form their property on the previous day.
10. Residential burglary at 3000 block of Donnell Ridge Road, Conway. Victim reported that at some point between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 6 a.m. Wednesday someone entered a residence by damaging a window and stole Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation II game consoles.
11. Theft of property at 600 block of Garland Street, Conway. Victim reported that someone had stolen a replica Remington 1858 cap-and-ball revolver manufactured by Armi Sports from his place of business.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact FCSO at 450-4914 or CPD at 450-6120. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)