High school students will showcase their knowledge during the annual Arkansas Governor’s Academic Competition at the Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) on Saturday for the Arkansas Quiz Bowl 2012.
Quiz Bowl will be broadcast Saturday in two sections 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-5 p.m. The finals will involve seven conferences for a total of 14 teams.
The first round of matches at 10 a.m. include:
1. 2A – Gurdon vs. Cedar Ridge (Newark)
2. 7A – Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts (Hot Springs) vs. Conway
3. 4A – Nashville vs. Subiaco Academy
4. 5A – Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff) vs. Huntsville
The second round of matches at 2 p.m. include:
1. 3A – Episcopal Collegiate (Little Rock) vs. Centerpoint (Amity)
2. 6A – Benton vs. Parkview Arts Science Magnet (Little Rock)
3. 1A – eStem Public Charter (Little Rock) vs. Haas Hall Academy (Fayetteville)
To be in the audience, come to the AETN studios, 350 S. Donaghey. Seating is first come first served. Admission is from Sesame Street, and spectators should arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. for the first round and 1:30 p.m. for the later round.
Quiz Bowl has been an AETN tradition since 1985. In a series of questions, players must display knowledge in literature, math, science, history, art, music and economics. Teams from across the state compete for the chance to represent Arkansas in national tournaments.
Scholarship money will be awarded.