The Conway Regional Senior Evaluation and Counseling Center has scheduled a series of free Savvy Caregiver workshops for the fall.
The classes are designed for caregivers of individuals with dementia related illnesses including Alzheimer’s disease. The two-hour, from 10 a.m. to noon, workshops will be held every two weeks on Saturdays beginning Sept. 8 and ending Nov. 10. Participants are encouraged to attend all of the workshops.
Topics are as follows:
• Sept. 8 - Conway Regional Women’s Center classrooms, introduction of dementing illnesses, care giving roles and the Savvy Caregiver class.
• Sept. 22 - Conway Regional Women’s Center classrooms, self care and care giving strategies.
• Oct. 13 - Conway Regional Women’s Center classrooms, defining a primary goal of care giving (contented involvement) and determining dementia stages.
• Oct. 27 - Conference Room, Conway Regional Medical Center, how to achieve a major goal of care giving: contented involvement.
• Nov. 10 - Conway Regional Women’s Center classrooms, family involvement in care giving and employing a model to help with decision making in care giving situations.
To register for the Savvy Caregiver workshops, call 501-932-0480.