The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas (CAPCA) will host the inaugural Project Homeless Connect from 4-7 p.m. Jan. 23 at the St. Joseph Catholic Church Parish Hall.
“The event is for the sheltered and unsheltered homeless,” CAPCA representative Melissa Allen said. “If you know of someone who is lower income and in need of services who isn’t in this category you can refer them to CAPCA at 501-329-0977. We may have a service to help them.”
Free dinner and care kits will be provided to attendees.
Additional free services at the event may include:
• Application assistance for SNAP, TEA/TANF, housing and child support.
• Health screenings.
• Counseling referrals and emergency services.
• Vision and dental screenings.
• GED and training program referrals.
• Flu shots.
• Financial advising.
• Legal aid services.
• Resource guides.
• Employment assistance.
• Veteran’s assistance.
• Winter gear kits and more.