United Way of Central Arkansas will offer free tax preparation to residents in Central Arkansas.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an IRS program that offers free tax preparation to households that make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and taxpayers that speak limited English and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
United Way of Central Arkansas will first offer VITA services at United Way Free Tax Preparation Super Saturday. This event will be held February 3 at UCA Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center from 10am-3pm. Childcare and translation services will be available.
Below are a list of the services and vendors that will be available at the event.
• Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Program (scholarship opportunities)
• Arkansas Coding Academy (info about this educational opportunity)
• Faulkner County Council on Aging (senior services)
• Community Action Program of Central Arkansas (CAPCA) (providing info about programs to assist lower income families in their transition out of poverty)
• Hope & Compassion (drug addiction education)
• Women’s Shelter of Central Arkansas
• Salvation Army (Pathway of Hope
• Conway Cradle Care (providing FREE childcare for children 10 and under)
• Arkansas Department of Workforce Services
• Walgreens (free health assessments and prescription discounts)
• Arkansas Cancer Coalition (smoking cessation)
• Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance
• Judge Braswell (Compassion Court)
• Doug Isanhart (Budgeting 101)
• First Security Bank (credit counseling
and new home buyer education)
• Crews & Associates (general investment info)
• Bank of the Ozarks (opening bank accounts)
• First Service Bank (opening bank accounts)
• Smoothie King (samples)
• Centennial Bank (Centennial grill masters & greeters)
United Way of Central Arkansas will also offer free tax preparation starting from Monday, February 5 through Friday, April 13 from 9am-4pm. Residents can drop off their taxes at the United Way office located at 1120 W. Oak Street BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Once again, all these tax preparation services are free of charge. To make an appointment go to www.uwcark.org/free-tax-prep or call 501-327-5087
United Way of Central Arkansas would like to thank the following sponsors: Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, Conway Corp., Nabholz, Adcock Family Foundation, Virco, TriTechne Inc, Trinity, First Service Bank, Farris Agency, Bank of the Ozarks, Arvest, Centennial Bank, University of Central Arkansas, Michelle Phillips CPA, First Security Bank, Simmons Bank, and Southern Bancorp.