The Arkansas Agriculture Department (AAD) and Farm Credit announced 20 recipients of the third annual Arkansas Farmers Market Promotion Program, including one in Faulkner County.
A total of $8,000 in grant funds provided by Farm Credit will be distributed to the farmers markets listed below for the purchase of promotional resources including radio announcements, television commercials, signage and online advertising through web banners and social media.
Arkansas Farmers Market Promotion Grant recipients include:
• Conway Arkansas Farmers Market in Faulkner County.
• Alma Farmers Market in Crawford County.
• Arkansas Local Food Network in Pulaski County.
• ASU Regional Farmers Market in Craighead County.
• Booneville Farmers Market in Logan County.
• Dardanelle Farmers Market in Yell County.
• Downtown Newport Farmers Market in Jackson County.
• Fayetteville Farmers Market in Washington County.
• Fishtown Farmers Market in Lonoke County.
• Fort Smith Farmers Market in Sebastian County.
• Gateway Farmers Market in Miller County.
• Green Acres Locally Grown in Pope County.
• Harrison Farmers Market in Boone County.
• Hot Spring County Farmers Market in Hot Spring County.
• Hot Springs Village Green Market in Garland County.
• Main Street Dumas Farmers Market in Desha County.
• Paragould Farmers Market in Greene County.
• Perry County Farmers Market in Perry County.
• St. Joseph Farm Stand in Pulaski County.
• Tri County Market in Logan County.
The Arkansas Farmers Market Promotion Grant program was created to strengthen the connection between local producers and consumers through promotional items that build awareness for the presence and offerings of farmers markets across the state.
Arkansas Farmers Market Promotion Grants provide a cost share amount of up to $400 to eligible recipients for the purchase of promotional items. Full program rules and eligibility criteria can be found at www.aad.arkansas.gov/aad-programs. The 2019 application process will open in February 2019.