Several members of Cadron Post Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, attended the Arkansas state society’s annual conference March 29-31 at the Doubletree Hotel in Little Rock.
Ann Turner Dillon, NSDAR president general, was a special guest at the conference.
Local members attending the conference include Honorary State Regent Fern Taylor of Searcy, State Recording Secretary Kimberly Jones of Vilonia, chapter registrar Carol Rolf of Conway, chapter secretary Nikki Reid of Conway, chapter member Kathey Farley of Conway, chapter member Stephanie Taylor of Cabot, who served as the state regent’s personal page, and Jessica Reid of Conway, who served as a conference page for the first time.
Rolf was elected state registrar for 2018-2020. Farley, Jones and Rolf plan to attend NSDAR Continental Congress in June in Washington, DC.
Cadron Post won several awards at the 2018 ASDAR State Conference.
Chapter awards include:
• 100 percent participation, President General’s Project, presented by President General Dillon at the conference.
• Chapter Achievement Award, gold level.
• Most Museum Programs, second place, chapters 33 to 50 members.
• Using live radio broadcast to promote DAR and history.
• Unwavering support for The Rock Society, Children of the American Revolution.
• Meeting or exceeding the American Spirit 30 percent magazine subscription goal.
• First place, excellence in lineage research, chapters 0 to 50 members.
• Frances Loyd-Jane Loyd Cheshire Scholarship awarded to Stephanie Taylor.
• Service to America, first place, total number of hours, 1 to 50 members.
• Service to America, second place, total hours per member, 1 to 50 members.
• Chapter involvement in Community Classroom Committee activities.
• First place, DAR Service to Veterans, monetary value donations, for a chapter of 1 to 50 members.
• Second place tied certificate, monetary donations, for a chapter of 1 to 50 members.
Individual awards include:
• Fern Taylor, senior leadership for Arkansas Children of the American Revolution.
• Jo Kilduff, first place, Arkansas State Speakers Staff.
For more information on Cadron Post Chapter, NSDAR, email firstname.lastname@example.org.