From Conway Police Department reports

Man suspects McDonald's employee of using his debit card

A Conway man suspects a McDonald's employee fraudulently used his debit card Wednesday.

The 64-year-old Conway resident contacted police after he realized someone had used his information two minutes after he'd purchased food at the restaurant. The man told authorities he went to the fast food restaurant shortly before 5 p.m. and soon realized he'd left his debit card after leaving the businesses. When he returned to ask employees if they still had his card, he said the woman behind the counter acted suspicious.

When he went back to the restaurant on Dave Ward Drive to look for his debit card, "the female worker who he had previously given [his card] to 'acted funny,'" according to his statement.

"After taking his card back, he proceeded to check his online bank account," the incident report reads in part. "He discovered that approximately two minutes after his food purchase was made, a transaction named 'Square' took place. [The complainant] believes that this is in reference to the money transaction device that connects to cellular telephones."

According to the incident report, no money was taken from the man's bank account. However, the 64-year-old man said he was concerned the suspect swiped his card on Square to gather his account information.

The man went back to the Dave Ward Drives McDonald's and snapped a photo of the woman he suspect's swiped his account information from the drive-thru window and provided CPD with the photo of the suspect.

Homeless man jailed on suspicion of public intox

A homeless man was arrested on suspicion of public intox after authorities found him "passed out, lying beside a dumpster" behind the Salvation Army store, according to a police report.

Conway police were called shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday to check on the welfare of a 49-year-old man who was reportedly seen sleeping by the dumpster behind the Salvation Army store on Harkrider Street.

"As he woke, I could smell the odor of intoxicants on his person. When he spoke, his speech was slurred," the responding officer wrote in his report. "When I asked him to stand up, he could barely stand and almost fell over. He could only remain standing by leaning against a wall."

While speaking with the man, identified as 49-year-old Johnny Futhey, the officer learned the suspect lived in the woods behind the Don Owen Sports Complex.

"I felt like he would be a danger to himself or others if he attempted to walk back to where he stays," the officer wrote in his report, noting he ultimately arrested the man on suspicion of public intoxication.

Break-in at Chicken Express

Authorities responded to a break-in at Chicken Express on Thursday.

According to an incident report, Conway police were called out shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday to a break-in at the Chicken Express on Dave Ward Drive, where they found the suspect had broken a glass door leading into the kitchen.

"Upon arrival, I observed the glass door going from outside into the kitchen had been broken and a pile of glass there," one of the responding officers noted.

After clearing the building and making sure no one was inside, authorities learned the suspect had shut off the building's power by turning off both breaker boxes.

The restaurant owner inspected the building while authorities were on scene to determine what the suspect made off with, according to the report. The suspect reportedly made off with an unknown amount of change that was taken out of the restaurant's office.

According to the incident report, damages to the glass door are estimated around $1,000.