Eleven young women will compete for the title of Miss University of Central Arkansas 2014 on Friday, Nov. 22, in Reynolds Performance Hall on the UCA campus. Mistress of Ceremonies for the evening will be Miss Arkansas 2007 Katie Bailey Harris.
Miss Arkansas 2013 Amy Crain, Miss UCA 2013 Lauren Howell and some of her students, The Dynamics, Alpha Sigma Alpha Phoenix Dancers, UCA Honeybear Dance Team, and Allie Burnett will provide entertainment for the evening.
The winner will receive a $6,000 scholarship to UCA and more than $6,000 in other awards and prizes. Scholarships and awards totaling $3,750 will be awarded to other winners during the pageant. Each contestant competes individually in five phases of competition: Presentation and Community Achievement in Private Interview, Artistic Expression in Talent, Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit, Presence and Poise in Evening Wear, and On-Stage Question.
The 2014 Miss University of Central Arkansas contestants include:
• See Nhiam Yang, a 19 year old, sophomore Pre-Optometry major from Danville, Ark., will be singing for her talent. See Nhiam is sponsored by her friends and family and is the daughter of Moa and Wa Yeng Yang.
• Deviasha Sharp, a 20 year old, junior Public Relations major from El Dorado, Ark., will perform a Salsa Dance. Deviasha is the daughter of Robert Sharp and Divettseon Ferguson and is sponsored by Students for the Propagation of Black Culture.
• Kyleigh Reinhardt, a 20 year old, junior Pre-Pharmacy major from Little Rock, will be singing for her talent. Kyleigh is sponsored by Delta Zeta Sorority and is the daughter of Garry and Melanie Reinhardt.
• Kelsey Theall, a 20 year old, junior Nursing major from Vilonia, will perform Acrobatics. Kelsey is the daughter of Jay and Cheryl Theall and is sponsored by Sigma Kappa Sorority.
• Alyson Tyler, a 19 year old, sophomore Psychology major from Rogers, Ark., will perform a vocal solo. Alyson is the daughter of Andy and Diana Woller and is sponsored by Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority.
• Samantha Taylor, a 20 year old, sophomore Nutrition and Pre-Occupational Therapy major from Hot Springs, Ark., will play the saxophone. Samantha is sponsored by Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and is the daughter of Phillip and Verna Taylor.
• Samantha Hudon, a 21 year old, senior Broadcast Journalism and Interior Design major from Hot Springs, will perform a vocal solo. Samantha is the daughter of Jon and Chris Hudon and is sponsored by Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority and Kappa Sigma Fraternity.
• Hannah Burrow, a 20 year old, junior Nutrition major from Foreman, Ark., will perform a tap dance. Hannah is sponsored by Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and she is the daughter of Chad and Rachelle Burrow.
• Caitlyn Cook, a 21 year old, junior Vocal Performance major from Conway, will be singing for her talent. Caitlyn is the daughter of Dr. Joseph and Mary Cook and she is sponsored by Kick’s Active Wear.
• Makenzie Moore, a 22 year old, senior Speech Communication major from Harrison, Ark., will perform Ballet en Pointe. Makenzie is sponsored by Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority and she is the daughter of Brady and Deborah Moore.
• Elise Woods, a 21 year old, senior Communications major from West Memphis, Ark., will perform a vocal solo. Elise is sponsored by the Ladies Small Group from New Life Church and she is the daughter of Billy and Connie Woods.
Tickets go on sale at 6 p.m. the day of the pageant in the lobby of Reynolds Performance Hall and are $5 for UCA students, staff and faculty with an ID, $5 for children 12 years and under, and $10 for the general public. General admission seating will begin at 6:30 p.m. and the pageant will begin at 7 p.m. Miss UCA program books will be available for $5. Miss UCA and Miss Arkansas will be available before the pageant and during intermission for autographs. The Miss UCA Scholarship Pageant is sponsored by The Miss UCA Board of Directors and Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority.