Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Motor vehicle theft at 1600 block of Cherry Street. An officer responded at about 6 a.m. Wednesday to speak to a citizen about a stolen 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass. On his way back to the station, the officer found the vehicle a few blocks away at the 2100 block of East Street with a broken steering column and no wheels. A resident of the home the vehicle was parked next to told the officer that they didn’t see who left it.
2. Motor vehicle theft at 2900 block of Becky Road. At some point between 1 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. Thursday someone stole a white 1998 Chevrolet Silverado pickup.
3. Shoplifting at 801 Elsinger Blvd. (Kohl’s). Late Sunday afternoon Kohl’s security caught two young teen girls allegedly trying to steal about $100 worth of jewelry and held them for police, who cited them for theft of property and released them to their parents.
4. Assist an agency at 500 block of Skyline Drive. An officer was approached by a 14-year-old boy in a convenience store’s parking lot at about 2 a.m. Wednesday and was told by the teen that his father had abandoned him there. According to the report, the officer noted that a “be on the lookout” notice had come from the Morrilton Police Department earlier in his shift referencing a juvenile male. Determining that the teen he was speaking to was the one wanted by Morrilton PD, the officer took him into custody and turned him over to Morrilton police, who advised that he had run away from a halfway house there.
5. Breaking or entering at 1600 block of Washington Avenue. Victim reported that at some point between 1:30 p.m. Thursday and 9:30 p.m. Sunday someone had smashed the rear windshield of his car, probably with a rock found nearby, and stolen a tin chewing gum container containing about 83 cents in change.
6. Fraudulent use of a credit card. Victim reported that between Thursday and Sunday, about $120 had been charged to his card at a shoe store in Kansas and a McDonald’s and a pharmacy in Illinios.
7. Theft of services at 400 block of Independence Avenue. A Conway Corp. worker reported on Wednesday that the resident of a home where electricity had been shut off due to non-payment had apparently replaced their electric meter with a neighbor’s.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact the Conway Police Department at 450-6120. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)