LITTLE ROCK (AP) — Attorneys for the man charged with capital murder of an Army soldier at a Little Rock recruiting station are asking for a delay in the start of his trial.

Lawyers for 24-year-old Abdulhakim Muhammad say in a motion filed last week that they need more time to go through evidence in the case.

The current trial date is Feb. 15.

Muhammad was born Carlos Bledsoe. He's charged in the June shooting death of 23-year-old Pvt. William Long of Conway and in the wounding of another private as they stood outside the Army recruiting office.

Muhammad has pleaded not guilty. He told The Associated Press in a telephone interview in June that he considered the shooting justified.

Prosecutors have said they'll seek the death penalty.