Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department and the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Residential burglary at 10 block of Faulkner Meadows Lane (several miles west of Mayflower). Victim reported on Friday that a thief or thieves had broken into his home and stolen items including a Briggs and Stratton riding lawnmower, a Yard Machine push mower, a deep freeze, a dog kennel, more than $500 worth of copper wire, an air conditioner and a pit bull puppy. An adult pit bull mix dog was found shot to death on the property.
2. Residential burglary at 10 block of Harve Road (just west of Holland). Victim reported on Sunday that a thief or thieves had forced open the door to a residence and stolen a Rossi 20-gauge shotgun, a Marlin 20-gauge shotgun, 120 Hydrocodone pills, some muscle relaxer pills, some DVDs and about $350 worth of food.
3. Residential burglary at 200 block of Clinton Road (just east of Lake Conway). Victim reported on Saturday that a Remington model 870 youth 20-gauge shotgun, a Winchester 20-gauge pump-action shotgun and a Browning semiautomatic 12-gauge shotgun were stolen from a shed.
4. Residential burglary at 10 block of Brewer Road. Victim reported on Feb. 22 that a thief or thieves had broken into a residence and had stolen a Toshiba plasma TV, a jewelry box containing assorted jewelry, a safe containing old money and collectors’ stamps, an Acer laptop, an Xbox 360 game console, a Kodak camera and a Fender guitar with sunburst design.
5. Theft of property at 200 block of Blythe Road (near Wooly Hollow state park) Victim reported that a yellow Suzuki 250cc ATV was stolen.
6. DWI/leaving the scene of an accident at 100 block of South Harkrider Street, Conway. Carlos Chicas, 24, of 475 East Robins St., was arrested last Sunday afternoon after being identified by CPD officers as the driver of a vehicle involved in an injury accident. Chicas was arrested on suspicion of first-offense DWI, refusal to submit to chemical test, careless/prohibited driving and no driver’s license.
7. Motor vehicle theft at 1900 block of Keathley Drive. Victim reported that at some point between late Sunday morning and early Monday morning someone stole a green 1986 Chevrolet Caprice.
8. Assault at 10 block of Rocky Top Road. Deputies responded on Friday to reports of an 18-year-old shot with an air rife. The victim told deputies that he was riding past a home occupied by another 18-year-old man who “had shot at him a couple of times with a BB gun,” according to the report, but the victim had previously told the suspect to stop shooting at him. When the victim rode past the home on Friday, the suspect was again seen standing in the door with a BB gun, and allegedly fired the air rifle pellet that was removed from the victim’s head, just above his right eye, later on Friday at Conway Regional Medical Center.
9. Possession of a controlled substance at 10 block of Patton Road, Wooster. Convenience store management reported a suspicious person in the parking lot on Feb. 27. A deputy dispatched to look into the matter noticed that a man sitting in a vehicle in the store’s parking lot seemed to be using a syringe to break up a white-colored crystalline substance in a spoon. The officers asked the man what he was doing, and he responded “breaking this up,” according to the report. The man, identified in the report as Jacen R. Gann, 28, of 12 Highway 124 West, Damascus, was arrested on suspicion of two counts felony possession of a controlled substance, one count misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
10. Public intoxication at 801 Locus St. (Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office). A man identified in a report as 48-year-old Kirby D. Higgs was cited for DWI and released to a sober driver after reporting for his final probation appointment allegedly intoxicated.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135 or FCSO at 450-4914. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)