Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Motor vehicle theft at 1822 Westlake Drive. Victim reported on Thursday that a highly customized 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass was stolen. The vehicle is said to have a sunroof extending the length of the passenger compartment, 24-inch wheels and paint that changes from purple to green depending on the angle it is presented to the viewer.
2. Criminal trespass at 100 block of South Davis Street. Victim reported hearing a noise outside her home as though someone were sneaking around and called a friend to investigate. The friend arrived and reportedly observed a suspect described as a black male outside of the home, exposing himself. The suspect told the man that he was looking for a friend, and left.
3. Breaking or entering at 1000 block of Skyline Drive. Victim reported that a thief or thieves entered an unlocked car at some point between 8 and 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday, stealing a Canon PowerShot digital camera, a Sony 600-series digital voice recorder, an avocado and some cheese.
4. Theft of property at 1000 block of Skyline Drive (a different location than entry No. 3). Victim reported that at some point between 9 p.m. on Tuesday and 12 p.m. Thursday a thief or thieves stole the wheel covers off of a 2004 Cadillac Escalade.
5. Animal bite at 10 block of Valley Cove. A dog described as possibly a Rottweiler or pit bull mix "charged" a 10-year-old boy, biting him twice on the arm and once on the back.
6. Fleeing on foot, possession of drug paraphernalia at 10 block of Eden Star Lane. A traffic stop for speeding early Wednesday afternoon turned into a foot pursuit after a man identified in the report as Bennie Garrett, 32, of 29 North Marshall Cove, Conway, tried to flee the scene on foot. He was tackled and handcuffed after a short struggle. He was found to have an active warrant out of Conway County and a suspected methamphetamine smoking device in his pocket. He was arrested on suspicion of speeding, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact the Conway Police Department tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)