The Conway City Council will meet tonight to discuss the signing of an agreement between the City of Conway and The Village at Hendrix regulating the fire staging area at The Village.
The agreement reads that The Village at Hendrix is obligated to construct an area suitable for staging fire fighting apparatus and equipment to be constructed in accordance with compaction, pressure testing and other engineering specifics previously set out by the city.
The agreement states that the staging area currently constructed is "not satisfactory to the City" and that the parties desire to enter into this agreement to set out their understanding concerning the planning and reconstruction of the staging area and deadlines for completion of the work.
"(The Village at Hendrix) built something that wasn’t like what was in our appproved plan," said Ronnie Hall, city engineer. "Our plan required a 20-foot wide concrete apron around the plaza area, and what they’ve built, we’re not quite sure, but they say its a slab with a crushed dome base and some kind of reinforced earth surface with sod."
Hall said that the surface has been tested by the fire department and was found unsuitable to support the stabilizers on a ladder truck. "They’ve tested it and it just doesn’t work for their needs," Hall said.
The council will also consider:
• An ordinance renaming Story Drive to Storie Drive located in Marlise Manor Phase III in the City of Conway.
• Resolutions requesting the Faulkner County Tax Collector to place certified liens on certain properties as a result of incurred expenses by the City.
• An ordinance to rezone property located approximately 650 degrees east of McNutt Road stretching from London Road to Donnell Ridge Road from R-1 to I-1.
• An ordinance to rezone property located at 940, 960 and 980 South Donaghey and 2010 Woodland Spring Drive from R-1 to PUD.
• An ordinance to rezone property located at 970 and 980 Prince Street from A-1 to PUD, A-1 to R-1 and PUD to R-1.
• An ordinance to rezone property located at 2010 Washington Ave from R-2A to O-2.
• Consideration of a conditional use permit to allow a 150 foot monopole transmission (cell) tower for property located at the 1200 block of North Museum Road.
• Consideration to accept bids for the Museum Road Extension project (Siebenmorgen Road to Lower Ridge Road).
• Consideration to accept bids for the College Avenue Reconstruction project (Locust Avenue to Harkrider Street).
• An ordinance waiving the requirement to obtain competitive bids for restoration of backyards damaged by seep holes into storm drainage system.
• An ordinance amending the permit fees for the construction and alterations of buildings and building systems in the City by adding a commercial plan review fee.
• An ordinance appropriating funds for additional computerized storage and remote support software expenses related to District Court automation.
• An ordinance waiving the requirement to obtain competitive bids for a vehicle exhaust system for Station 6 of the Conway Fire Department.
• An ordinance accepting restitution for overtime performed by the Conway Police Department.
• Consideration to enter into an agreement with the Conway School District for school resource officers.
• Consideration to accept bids for night vision goggles for the Conway Police Department.
Staff writer Megan Reynolds can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (501) 505-1277. To comment on this story and others, visit www.thecabin.net)