Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Alleged harassment near Scherman Oaks. Victim, a former employee of the Conway Sanitation Department, reported July 9 that he was verbally harassed by another employee while they were riding in a sanitation vehicle. The victim stated that the suspect became angry after a phone call and began using racial and derogatory slurs toward him. The victim said that the suspect began threatening him and hitting his hat. According to the victim, the suspect told supervisors that the victim did nothing to provoke him. Both parties involved no longer work for the City of Conway.
2. Criminal mischief at 1000 block of Van Ronkle Street. Victim reported that sometime between Wednesday and Saturday someone keyed his truck. The vehicle had light scratches on the driver and passenger side doors extending to the rear of the truck.
3. Breaking or entering at 820 E. Oak St. (Economy Inn). Victim reported that sometime between 9:30 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday a tool box was taken from the back of his truck while it was parked in the hotel parking lot. The tool box contained several items including a short-handled sledge hammer, a Craftsman pop rivet gun, a Stanley 50-foot tape measure, a gray dead blow hammer, two pair of 11R vice grips, two pair of 11SP vice grips and a set of three punches.
4. Breaking or entering at 640 Elsinger Blvd. (Staples). Victim reported Tuesday that her wallet had gone missing from her locker. The victim believed the lock on her locker had been cut with bolt cutters. The store’s security cameras showed a black male enter the store and retrieve a pair of bolt cutters off a file cabinet in the back of the business.
5. Theft of property at 1300 block of Collier Drive. Victim reported that his vehicle went missing from his residence sometime between 1:30 p.m. Monday and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. The victim stated that he had left the driver’s side door unlocked and the keys were in the console. The vehicle is described as a green 1998 Chevrolet full-size Silverado with an Arkansas license plate.
6. Theft of property at 1900 block of Robins Street. Victim reported Monday that a green Conway Corp. trash can, two water hoses and two potted plants were missing from a rental property he owns. The victim believes the most recent tenants may have taken the items when they vacated the property.
7. Fraudulent use of a credit card at 400 block of Louise Lane. Victim reported Tuesday that an unauthorized charge had been made using his debit card number. The victim stated that a charge of $784.75 was made to Speedway in Downers Grove, Ill.
8. Residential burglary at 2500 block of Grummer Lane. Victim reported Monday that an unknown person attempted to break in to her residence. The victim stated that her dog began “flipping out” and barking at the door. The victim noticed that the door knob was moving, so she pushed her body against the door and tried to lock it. The suspect continued to fight to open the door until the victim yelled to her son for help. There was no damage and nothing was missing from the property.