Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Residential burglary at 400 block of Robins Street. Victim reported Friday that someone stole the newly-replaced carpet out of the living room of the residence. The victim stated that the suspect also destroyed one of the air conditioning vents while ripping up the carpet. The victim said the back door had been forced open. The victim believes the suspects are recently-evicted residents.
2. Residential burglary at 80 block of Mary Lane. Vicitm reported Friday that someone stole several items of the residence she is trying to move out of. Taken from the residence were an in-dash car CD player, an oscillating fan and a touch-sensor desk lamp.
3. Theft of property at 1800 block of Teresa Drive. Victim reported Saturday that she was possibly involved in a scam. The victim stated that she wanted to purchase a vehicle on craigslist.com about a month ago. The victim stated that she contacted the seller, who instructed the victim to wire $2,750 to an address in the United Kingdom. The seller told the victim the vehicle would arrive at her residence by July 16. According to the victim, the vehicle has not arrived.
4. Breaking or entering at 1100 block of Gum Street. Victim reported Friday that the right front window was broken out of his vehicle. The victim stated that a MacBook Pro and a Sampsonite case were stolen from inside.
5. Theft of property at 1200 block of Jersey Street. Victim reported that sometime between 8 p.m. Friday and 1 a.m. Saturday someone stole his vehicle. The victim stated that the Mercury Grand Marquis was locked with the keys inside it.
6. Residential burglary at 140 block of Commerce Road. Victim reported that sometime between 1 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. Sunday, someone broke into his residence by kicking in the front door. The victim stated that two packs of Pall Mall 100s cigarettes were taken, and the television and computer had been moved.
7. Breaking or entering at 2300 block of Quattlebaum Cove. Victim reported that sometime between 11 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday, someone entered her garage and broke into her vehicle. The victim stated that her son had left the garage door open. The vehicle was left unlocked. The victim stated that $50 and an AT&T air card were stolen.
(Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 505-1238. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit.)