Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Theft of property at 1500 block of Davis Street. Victim reported that sometime between midnight and 2:15 a.m. Monday someone broke the driver’s side window of his vehicle. The victim stated that the suspect attempted to take the CD player, but was unsuccessful. The victim also found damage to the steering column.
2. Contempt for or desecration of the U.S. flag at 700 block of Reedy Road. The owners of a mobile home park reported Wednesday that one of their residents had poured some sort of accelerant on a truck and camper and attempted to set them on fire. The owners stated that when the suspect was unable to set the truck and camper on fire, she set an American flag on fire in front of the park’s front office. There was no damage to the truck or camper.
3. Theft of property at 1100 block of Ingram Street. Victim reported Wednesday that items were stolen and his vehicle was damaged. The victim stated that someone poured degreaser in his gas tank and tore off his gas door. The victim said a radiator cap, fuse cover cap and brake fluid cap were missing from his vehicle.
4. Shoplifting at 101 Oak St. (Kroger). An employee of the store reported Wednesday that a black male had purchased two bags of groceries, but employees believed he also had an unknown type of beef hidden under his shirt. The suspect was not apprehended.
5. Breaking or entering at 3400 block of Irby Drive. Officers were called to the scene after a witness observed three black males attempting to break into a vehicle. The suepcts fled when the vehicle’s alarm sounded. Officers discovered multiple vehicle break-ins in the area. The first vehicle’s stereo was missing and the contents of the glove box had been taken out and placed in the passenger side floorboard. The driver’s door was found partially ajar. A second vehicle had also been rummaged through, but the owner of the vehicle said nothing was missing. The third vehicle was missing a stereo. The owner of vehicle three stated that he "purposely leaves his vehicle unlocked, so he won’t have to replace glass if someone wnts to break into his vehicle."
6. Residential burglary at 3900 block of Seraph Drive. Victim reported Thursday that she arrived home to find three black males running from her residence. Missing from the residence were a 32-inch Vizio television and a Glock handgun. The victim stated that the front door was wide open when she arrived home. The victim also said that the door is easy to open since the door jam is broken.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)