Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Shoplifting at 3900 Dave Ward Drive (Walmart). Two juvenile suspects were detained Thursday for attempting to shoplift four cases of Monster energy drinks.
2. Possession of a controlled substance at 800 block of Skyline Drive. Officers initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for suspicious activity and failure to use a turn signal. The vehicle had been going between three gas stations with the suspect staying inside for extended amounts of time. During the stop, officers discovered that the driver was driving on a restricted license and was not allowed to drive in Faulkner County. While conducting a search of the vehicle, officers located a container with two grams of what was believed to be marijuana and a pill bottle containing 69 generic Xanax pills. The driver was transported to Faulkner County Detention Center Unit II.
3. Shoplifting at 3900 Dave Ward Drive (Walmart). An employee reported Thursday that a black male attempted to leave the store without paying for a Hot Wheels jeep. The suspect left the scene with a white male in a 1997 green Dodge Stratus. Employees were able to recover the Hot Wheels jeep.
4. Breaking or entering a vehicle at 700 block of Third Avenue. Victim reported Monday that someone entered his vehicle and stole a suitcase containing men’s clothing, a Toshiba laptop and a Kodak camera. The victim believes the vehicle was left unlocked.
5. Shoplifting at 545 E. Dave Ward Drive (Mapco Express). An employee reported Thursday that a black male entered the store and stole between two and four bluetooth ear pieces. Surveillance video showed the suspect cutting packages off of a rack and carrying them out. The suspect is described as a black male with very short black hair wearing a blue jean jacket, checkered shirt and blue jeans. The suspect was seen with a black female wearing a navy blue shirt with white spots on it. Both individuals were seen leaving in a white early 90s model Jeep Cherokee that was missing the back bumper.
6. Theft of motor fuel at 50 block of Shady Valley Drive. Victim reported that sometime between 9 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. Monday someone siphoned the gas from her truck parked in her driveway. The truck was locked and nothing was missing or vandalized.
7. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive (Walmart). An employee reported Monday that he observed two black males remove the security devices from several items and try to leave the store without paying. When confronted, the suspects left the items and fled the scene. The suspects attempted to shoplift an XBox 360 Kinect and a Sony Playstation 3.
8. Fraudulent use of a credit card at 620 Chestnut St. (Centennial Bank). Victim reported Sunday that an unauthorized transaction had been made using her debit card. The charge was made for $99.95 to a company that handles online payments for websites.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)