Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Criminal attempt at 1700 block of Donaghey Avenue. A woman reported Saturday that a mixed-race male driving a red mid-size sedan attempted to lure her daughter into his vehicle. The woman stated that the male approached her daughter while she was walking home. The suspect asked the victim to get into his car, but she refused.
2. Possession of a controlled substance at 200 block of Salem Road. Officers noticed a vehicle parked and still running with its headlights on near the walking path on Salem Road Sunday. Officers approached the vehicle and spoke with the white male driver. Officers noted that they "could smell an odor of alcohol intoxicants coming from the vehicle." During a search of the suspect and his vehicle, officers located a smoking pipe and a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana. The suspect was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, driving on a suspended license, suspicion of DWI and a misdemeanor warrant out of Mayflower.
3. Possession of a controlled substance at 800 block of South Salem Road. Officers initiated a traffic stop Monday after a truck was seen rolling through a stoplight at Salem Road and Dave Ward Drive. Officers noted that the driver "appeared to be nervous about something" and asked him to step out of the vehicle. During a search, officers located a small baggie containing marijuana, a metal pipe, two more baggies with a grainy residue and two brown restaurant trays. The suspect admitted that the marijuana and pipe were his and that he had stolen the trays. The suspect was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and theft by receiving.
4. Cruelty to animals at 500 block of South German Lane. Person reporting informed police Monday that a 19-year-old male has lured in and killed as many as 30 cats in her neighborhood over a period of time. The person reporting said the suspect would lure them with milk, then begin petting them. Once the suspect befriended the cats, he allegedly would place a noose around their necks and "hang them from a tree and watch them die." The person reporting is the suspect’s guardian.
5. Theft of property at 1305 Dave Ward Drive (Dollar General). Victim reported Monday that her vehicle was stolen while she was in the store. The victim said she left the key in the car, but could not remember if she left the vehicle running. The manager of the store informed police that she saw a light-skinned black male driving the car as it left the parking lot.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)