Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Endangering the welfare of a minor. A police officer stopped his car quickly when a 2-year-old boy ran from the Conway Station ballpark across the street toward a home on Center Street. The child was not injured. The mother said the boy was chasing the family dog that had escaped. She was taken into custody for an unrelated warrant out of Brinkley and cited for endangering the welfare of a minor. The incident was reported to the State Police Child Hotline.
2. Five children were being watched by a 10-year old boy at a residence on Sixth Street when police received a call that a car nearly hit a child who ran across the street, chasing a dog. During the interview with the boy, a woman arrived, saying she had been watching the children but was gone only a few minutes. She was arrested after it was found that she had active warrants out of the Conway Police Department and the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office. She was taken to jail and charged with endangering the welfare of a minor. After three of the children were released to their parents, the other three were placed in the care of caseworkers from the Department of Human Services.
3. Theft. Thefts reported recently included a 26-inch Schwinn bicycle that had been parked and locked outside the Hendrix Wellness and Athletic Center, two $100 bills taken from a billfold left in an unlocked car, a 5-ton Trane air conditioning unit from Bronnie Lane and a cell phone from a sports bag at Don Owen Sports Complex,
4. Shoplifting. A woman was taken into custody after attempting to take peanut butter, jelly and lightbulbs from the Walmart on Skyline Drive.
5. Criminal mischief. An air conditioner was tampered with on Stout Street, apparently to remove copper wires. The unit was damaged in the unsuccessful attempt.
6. Domestic battery. A boyfriend-girlfriend quarrel in an apartment on South Donaghey ended with both being taken to the jail. The woman had a red mark on her cheek and the man had a golf-ball sized knot near his right eye. Both were held for detox.
7. Burglary, 2000 block of Hairston. Front and back doors were kicked in and a 46-inch Samsung flatscreen and a 36-inch Sanyo flatscreen were missing.