SPECIAL TO THE LOG CABIN
A symposium and several exhibits are among the December events on the calendar of the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission.
• Jefferson County Civil War Symposium, featuring speakers addressing activities in the Pine Bluff area during the Civil War, will be Saturday, Dec. 3. (870) 592-3932.
• Christmas Open House at Prairie Grove Battlefield, including living history demonstrations, spinning and weaving, and battlefield tours, will be held Dec. 3 and 4 at Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park; call (479) 846-2990 or email email@example.com for more information.
• "Civil War Arkansas, 1863-1865," the ACWSC’s traveling exhibit, will be at the Delta Gateway Museum in Blytheville Dec. 5-18; call (870) 824-2346 for more information.
• Yocum Creek Historical Marker Dedication, featuring re-enactors commemorating an 1862 skirmish, will be held on the Town Square in Green Forest on Dec. 17; email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• Civil War in Northwest Arkansas Podcast Contest, in which students can submit audio podcasts about the Civil War in the region, continues during December; call (479) 750-8165 or email email@example.com for more information.
• "An Enduring Union" Exhibit, an exhibit at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock focusing on why Arkansas commemorates its Civil War veterans, will continue during December; call (501) 324-9685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• "Reel to Real" Exhibit, an exhibit at Little Rock’s Historic Arkansas Museum contrasting artifacts from the movie Gone with the Wind with items from Civil War Arkansas, will continue during December; call (501) 324-9351 or email email@example.com for more information.
For more information on these and other sesquicentennial events, visit http://www.arkansascivilwar150.com/events/.