Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Missing Person, 800 block of Oak Street. A man made contact with officers to report his wife was missing. The man stated she had left their home two days before he called for help to go shopping for a birthday present for one of their children. The man stated that he and his wife had been having problems and she had been coming home late at night. A woman arrived at the scene who stated that the missing woman’s mother had spoken with the missing woman that day so officers attempted to make contact with her. The woman’s mother told the officers that her daughter had been seeing one of her husband’s co-workers and that she had texted to say that she was going to Little Rock with the man. The officers then made contact with the boyfriend’s employer who gave the officers the man’s address. While en route to the address, the officers located the missing woman’s van at a local restaurant. The missing woman’s mother called to say that she had spoken with her daughter who was staying at a local motel. One officer went to the motel but could not find the woman. Another officer made contact with the woman at the restaurant when she came to pick up her vehicle. The woman was hesitant to tell the officers what was going on, but when they told her that they did not have to tell her husband where she was or who she was with, she explained that she had been with her boyfriend and not being held against her will. The officers noted that she did not have any injuries and appeared to be unharmed. The officers made contact with the woman’s husband to advise that she was safe. No further action was taken.
2. Harassing communications, Irby Drive and Hogan Road. A woman made contact with an officer to report that she is being harassed by her ex-husband. The woman stated that she has had the man’s number blocked through the phone company but he calls her from different numbers, so he can continue to harass her. The woman stated that she has copies of the messages where the man told her that he wishes she would "find a man that would beat her from morning to night" and other ill wishes. The woman was advised of the warrant process.
3. Terroristic threatening, 1100 block of Donaghey Ave. A woman made contact with officers to report that she had been involved in an argument with her husband and that he had threatened to burn down their home. The woman could not speak English and had to have a translator communicate with the officers for her. The translator told the officers that the woman was saying that she had only been married to the man for about eight months and wants to divorce him, but he threatens her every time she says she is leaving. The woman stated that it was only after she married the man that she discovered that he was involved in drugs. The woman was advised to obtain a no contact order against the man and was made aware of the warrant process.
4. Violation of an order of protection, 1900 block of Keathley Drive. A woman made contact with an officer to report that her father, who is currently incarcerated had written her a letter that she had received that day. The woman stated that she wanted the incident to be noted because she has a no contact order against the man.
5. Shoplifting, Walmart, 1155 Skyline Drive. A loss prevention employee at the business made contact with an officer to report that two suspects had been inside the store and had taken boxes of cold medicine without paying for them. The suspects were identified by another officer. The officer noted that the loss prevention officer was made aware of the warrant process.
6. Fraudulent use of a credit card, 600 block of Chestnut Street. A man made contact with an officer at the police station to report that someone has used his debit card to make charges in the amount of $225. The man stated that the charges had been made in Georgia. He was advised to cancel his card. There are no suspects for this crime.
7. Terroristic threatening-second degree, 1400 block of Dave Ward Drive. A woman made contact with an officer to report that she had been visiting her child’s father at his place of employment with their child. The woman stated that the man’s new girlfriend began to curse at her and call her names before threatening to beat her. The victim stated that she left the business with her child at that time. She was advised of the warrant process.
8. Theft of property, 2000 block of Keathley Drive. A woman made contact with an officer to report that sometime during the night, the license plate from her vehicle had been stolen. The license plate was entered into the lost/stolen database.
(Candie Beck is a staff writer and can be reached at 505-1238 or at email@example.com)