Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive, Walmart. Loss prevention employees followed a subject to Burger King after he was observed concealing two Xbox 360s. The merchandise was recovered and the subject was arrested.
2. Breaking or entering a vehicle at 1300 block of McNutt Road. The victim reported that someone gained entry to her pickup by breaking the passenger window while the truck was parked at her residence. Her purse and its contents were stolen.
3. Breaking or entering a vehicle at 3000 block of Dave Ward Drive. The victim said entry to his pickup was gained by breaking the passenger side window. The victim said he left an iPad 2 in the passenger seat, his debit card in a cup holder and a backpack containing his text books on the seat. All items were taken. The report stated that when the victim called to cancel his Centennial Bank card, his account had already been used at a Shell gas station at 1895 E. Oak Street and at McDonald’s on Dave Ward Drive.
4. Public intoxication at 1100 block of Gum Street. Police found a man lying unconscious on the porch of the residence. Police said the man admitted that he had been drinking heavily. He was arrested.
5. Financial identity fraud. The victim said someone assumed his identity and filed a false tax return. Police said that when the man attempted to file taxes through Turbotax, he was notified that there had already been a duplicate filing using the victim’s Social Security number.
6. Fraudulent use of a credit card. The victim reported that someone used his Centennial Bank account to make transactions using Paypal. Charges totaled $256.07.
7. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive, Walmart. Loss prevention employees detained a female after she concealed 16 items and attempted to leave the store without paying. The subject allegedly concealed glitter, jewelry, paint and undergarments. Conway police said the suspect was wanted on an unnamed Vilonia police warrant.
8. Fraudulent use of a credit card. The victim reported that someone used his Simmons Bank credit card at Walmart.com for a $632 purchase.
9. Residential burglary at 200 block of South Center Street. Conway police said computers, game consoles, televisions and cash were reported stolen from a woman’s house. There were no signs of forced entry. Total value of items taken was more than $2,000.
10. Fraudulent use of a credit card. The victim said someone used her Centennial Bank account to make an unauthorized $149 purchase with a company called Digital Star.
11. Unattended death at 1800 block of Bill Lucy Drive.
12. Criminal mischief at 2501 Dave Ward Drive, Three Flamingos Yogurt. Employees said it appeared that someone attempted to break into the business by damaging a dead bolt lock. A handle was off a steel door on the south side of the business.
(Staff writer Courtney Spradlin can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-1236. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)