• Career Resource Fair sponsored by the Arkansas Workforce Center, the Department of Community Correction and Life After Prison Ministries geared toward helping ex-felons find work and assist with life skills, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 707 East Robins, Suite 100 in Conway. Call Shawntel (501) 730-9866
• Community Group Meditation, 12:30-1 p.m., District Court Building, 810 Parkway St., Silent gathering for peaceful change. 450-9097.
• Kristan Hawkins will be featured speaker at Students for Life of America’s Springtime Banquet for Life at 6 p.m. in the parish hall of St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1115 College Ave., Conway. Tickets are $25. Call 989-600-3285.
• Faulkner County Poets will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library (west entrance). Hendrix Professor Joseph Lombardi will discuss "Relationships Between Poetry and Songwriting." Featured poet is Helene Stallcup. Call 501-269-8126.
• String Chamber concert, 7:30 p.m., Snow Fine Arts Center Recital Hall, UCA.
• Beth Ann Fennelly and Tom Franklin, Artists in Residence, will have a public reading and book signing, 7:30 p.m., UCA College of Business 107.
• Hendrix College Players present "Country Club," by Douglas Carter Beane, through April 21, 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, 2 p.m., Cabe Theatre, Hendrix.
• UCA Theatre presents "Taming of the Shrew" by William Shakespeare, 7:30 p.m. in the Bridges/Larson Theatre of the Snow Fine Arts Center on the UCA campus, 201 Donaghey, in Conway.
• Pinnacle Brass Chamber concert, 7:30 p.m., Snow Fine Arts Center Recital Hall, UCA.