• Faulkner County Retired Teachers Association, 11:30 a.m., potluck luncheon in the Activity Center of First Baptist Church. All retirees from any position in education are welcome.
• Groundbreaking for Boys and Girls Club of Faulkner County at the old YBMA Fairgrounds on Robins Street, 4 p.m. The building campaign was launched in January and has secured pledges and donations totaling $1.7 million toward the $2 million goal.
• Roses Among Thorns, 11 a.m., Springhill Baptist Church Family Life Center. Linda Dickey, 501-679-2931.
• Conway Kiwanis Club, noon, Larry’s Pizza. Speaker: State Sen. Jason Rapert, R-Bigelow.
• Seventy-five employees of AMC/Fairmont will landscape the bulb-outs on the new section of Main Street from 9 to 11 a.m., in conjunction with Conway’s Downtown Partnership.
• Free Hospice Volunteer Training, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Hospice Home Care, 821 North Creek Drive, Conway. Lunch provided. Call Hospice office to register, 336-9172.
• Conway Rotary Club, noon, Conway Country Club, recognition of Faulkner County’s outstanding eighth-grade students.
• Free wireless workshop on how to get the most out of smartphones and tablets, 7 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless communications store at 855 E. Oak St. in Conway.