• About 75 employees of AMC/Fairmont will landscape the bulb-outs on the new section of Main Street from 9 to 11 a.m., in conjunction with the Downtown Partnership.
• PEO Chapter CA will meet at 10 a.m. at the home of Teresa Huff. Hostesses will be Claudia Davis and Zettie Caudle.
• Free Hospice Volunteer Training, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Hospice Home Care, 821 North Creek Drive, Conway. Lunch provided. Call 336-9172.
• Conway Rotary Club, noon, Conway Country Club, recognition of Faulkner County’s outstanding eighth-grade students.
• The Faulkner County Single Parent Scholarship Board will meet at 5 p.m. at CAPCA. Public invited to a reception at 6 p.m. honoring 2011-2012 scholarship recipients.
• Free wireless workshop on getting the most out of smart phones and tablets, 7 p.m., Verizon Wireless communications store, 855 E. Oak St. in Conway.
• Blackbird Academy presents "An Evening in the Park," 7 p.m., Simon Park in Downtown Conway, featuring advanced dance students. Free.
Send items for Roundabout to Becky Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRIDAY, MAY 18
• Bike to Breakfast, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., from Walmart on Dave Ward Drive to Simon Park in Downtown Conway, led by Mayor Tab Townsell. Coffee, juice and pastries provided by Conway Advocates for Bicycling.
• Bike from Work, 5-7 p.m., Zaza’s in Hendrix Village.
• Arkansas premiere of the film "The Garden Summer," 7 p.m., Faulkner County Library, Conway.
• Conway Community Band concert, 7:30 p.m., Simon Park in Downtown Conway. Conducted by Ricky Brooks and Tim Cunningham. Take a chair, take the family, take a picnic. Free.
• Silver Moon Cinema presents "Hugo," the Village at Hendrix. $1 minimum donation goes to the Red Cross. Movie begins about 8:15 p.m.