• Ed Sanders, artist in residence, public reading and book signing, 7:30 p.m., UCA College of Business 107.
• Roses Among Thorns, 11 a.m., Wassell Burgess Family Life Center, Springhill Baptist Church.
• Conway Noon Rotary Club, 11:30 a.m., Conway Country Club. Speakers: Rocky Lawrence and Dr. Steve Magie, candidates for state representative, Dist. 72.
• Conway Shakespeare Club, 1:30 p.m., at the home of Julie Adkisson. Speaker: Dr. Toran Isom, "What are You?"
• Community Pep Rally honoring 2012 Conway High School homecoming court and football team, 5:30 p.m., Teal Grill hot dogs; rally at 6 p.m., Simon Park, Downtown Conway.
• Conway Symphony Designer House, opening night dinner, $50 person, 1005 Edinburgh and 1025 Edinburgh. Tickets at conwaysymphony.org.
• Faulkner County Landlord Association, 7 p.m., Faulkner County Library. Speaker: Jason Bolden, real estate law attorney.
• Dale W. Langford, Det. 1323, Marine Corps League, 7 p.m., COHO building, 620 E. Robins, Adjutant Frank Lambert, 501-269-2085.
• Octubafest II, 7:30 p.m., UCA Snow Fine Arts Recital Hall.
• Rufus Wainwright, UCA Public Appearances, 7:30 p.m., UCA Reynolds Performance Hall, tickets at 450-3265.