A Conway man who robbed a couple of money at gunpoint before stealing their car was sentenced to 40 years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections last week in Faulkner County Circuit Court.
Luke Spencer, 24, was found guilty of aggravated residential robbery Thursday.
Charges stemmed from a May 2011 incident in which Spencer reportedly broke into a couple's home and forced the pair to the ground at gunpoint before demanding money, restraining the woman, kidnapping the man and stealing a car.
The incident culminated in a car accident at Farris Road and Bruce Street.
“We appreciate the law enforcement officials who worked the case, as well as Carol Crews and Joan Shipley, who presented sufficient evidence that allowed (the jury) to make a decision," said Prosecuting Attorney Cody Hiland. “We believe that a very dangerous man who wasted his future has been taken off the streets and we think Conway is safer because he is going to be in ADC for most of the rest of his life.”
Hiland said Spencer has no parole eligibility and will serve every day of the 40-year sentence.