A woman reported missing Wednesday, following alleged suicide threats, was discovered by police at an apartment complex a day later, safe from harm.

Police were dispatched to the home of a man and woman in reference to a report of a missing person. At the home, the couple told police they’d been unable to make contact with a 30-year-old female friend.

The couple reported that when each had sent a text message to her phone, they both received "an automated response" that read, "Code 920 generated: Fwd: @4:20 a.m. on Feb. 27 (the friend) shot an took her life cause she was in too much pain..."

The woman told police she had last spoken with her friend around 10 p.m. Tuesday and had witnessed no indication that the woman may have been suicidal.

The woman said when she woke on Wednesday morning, she had missed a text from her friend asking for money. The woman said she attempted to call her friend, but the phone went straight to a voicemail recording. It was then that she sent the text message and received the "automated response."

The couple said they attempted to contact the friend at her residence on Mildred Street, but were unable to locate her and instead spoke to a roommate, who said the woman had left the residence between midnight and 1 a.m. and had collected her clothing, belongings and a handgun.

Dispatch advised they had received a call at approximately 3:30 a.m. from a woman who had received text messages from the friend that indicated she was going to commit suicide on a bridge.

Police contacted the caller, who said the woman had sent several text messages overnight threatening to kill herself, then sent a picture of herself holding a gun under her chin. The woman said she had contacted the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office and Little Rock and North Little Rock police departments, asking them to check bridges in the area. All of the agencies reported finding no evidence of anyone on their bridges, aside from routine traffic.

The woman was entered into NCIC/ACIC as a missing/endangered person, and a BOLO was issued to surrounding law enforcement agencies with a description of the woman and her vehicle.

On Thursday, police located the vehicle and the woman after pings to her cell phone returned to Donaghey Court Apartments on South German Lane. When asked about her identity by police, the woman reportedly asked, "Why?" and refused to answer when asked about the handgun.

When officers advised they were going to pat her down, the woman advised she wasn’t wearing the gun, but admitted to having a gun inside of her car.

The woman denied sending messages about suicide and said if she had wanted to kill herself, "she would have already did it."

The handgun belonging to the woman’s roommate was returned to the owner.

The woman was not arrested or charged in connection with the incident and her profile was deleted from NCIC.

(Megan Reynolds is a staff writer and can be reached by phone at 501-505-1277. To comment on this story and others, visit www.thecabin.net.)