Bob Whitehouse will join Conway Corp for the next seven years.
Seven Conway citizens put their names forward to fill a position on the Conway Corp. board of directors.
The board went into executive session on Tuesday to choose a new director who will serve a seven year term.
Current board chairman Randy Crowell will step down as his term on the panel ends.
Lori Ross will move forward as chairman. Other members of the board are Greg Murry, Brad Hegeman, Johnny Adams, Bill Adkisson, Bo Conner and CEO Richard Arnold.
The directors selected Bob Whitehouse, president of Little Rock Sign Conway Sign and president and CEO of Amtran-IC Corp from 1995-2005
Others who placed their names in nomination were
• Mark Elsinger who retired in May 2007 as Interim Chief of Police.
• Darren Irby, executive director of marketing for the $3 billion American Red Cross in Washington.
• Aaron Knight, a member of the department of Advancement Research and Communications at UCA.
• Monty Rowell, general manager of broadcast services, KUCA-FM at UCA.
• T.D. Storie Jr., golf course superintendent, Centennial Valley Country Club.
• Lindsay Wygal, senior vice president of operations, Conway Area Chamber of Commerce.
(Staff writer Becky Harris can be reached at email@example.com and 505-1234.)