The Conway City Council will discuss possible solutions to city employee health insurance rate hikes at its committee meeting on Tuesday night.
Insurance rates will go up by 28 percent in January if nothing is done. Plans proposed so far involve raising deductibles and/or co-pay amounts to soften the increase’s impact on the premiums paid by both the city and its employees.
Insurance rates will be discussed at the council’s committee meeting, held at 5:30 in the District Court Building at 810 Parkway Street.
In other business, the council will consider:
• Approving the agreements for ground lease agreement for private aircraft hangars & aircraft "t" hangars at the new Conway Municipal Airport.
• An ordinance amending by reference Ordinance O-94-54 (Conway Zoning Ordinance) in regards to development review standards for airports.
• An ordinance amending by reference by the airport height and land use zoning overlay district adopted by referring Ordinance O-11-35.
• An ordinance establishing the Central Business Improvement District No. 1 for the City of Conway.
• Presentation of the 2012 Audit Federal Grants from Craft, Veach, & Company.
• A resolution setting a public hearing to discuss the closing of a 15 foot utility easement located in Christina Subdivision located at west of 2401 Christina Lane.
• A resolution setting a public hearing to discuss the closing of a 16.5 foot utility easement Golden Meadows Subdivision.
• Resolutions requesting the Faulkner County Tax Collector to place a certified lien on certain properties as a result of incurred expenses by the City.
• An ordinance accepting and appropriating donation funds for the Conway Tree Board for the Arbor Day celebration.
• A rent subsidy for Tract 72 the Conway Western Arterial Loop (Baker Willis Parkway).
• An ordinance to rezone property located at 1514 & 1516 Bruce St. and 303 & 309 Conway Blvd. from R-2A to S-1.
• A request from Chick-Fil-A for a conditional use permit to allow a drive through
window in a PUD being developed at property located at 2510 Prince St.
• Discussion/Review of the conditional use permit issued for property located at 3725 College Ave. (Back Achers Ranch).
• Discussion/Review of the Conway Sign Ordinance (Electronic Message Board Regulations).
• An agreement with Nabholz Properties for the placement of a brick & concrete pedestal with a bronze sculpture by the City of Conway.
• An ordinance appropriating funds received for travel reimbursement to District Court.
• An ordinance appropriating funds and confirming an approved adjustment in pay for the Deputy City
• An ordinance donating a smokehouse trailer to the Faulkner County Office of Emergency Management from the Conway Fire Department.
• An ordinance accepting/appropriating grant funds and waiving competitive bid requirements for various purchases for the Conway Fire Department.
• An ordinance accepting assets obtained through court order for the Conway Police Department.
• An ordinance appropriating and accepting reimbursement/restitution funds from various entities forbthe Conway Police Department.
• An ordinance appropriating funds for Shop Secure for the Conway Police Department.