The Conway City Council agenda for Tuesday night’s meeting has a number of "business as usual" items not likely to be contentious, according to city Chief of Staff Jack Bell.
The city is moving forward with the southern leg of the "Western loop" road project, and on Tuesday the council will vote on five-year financing to borrow against street-dedicated tax income for structure and grading at the I-40 interchange that will be the start of the loop’s southern leg.
The council will also vote to approve (or not approve) the appraised values for right-of-way acquisition to build a roundabout at South Donaghey Avenue and Favre Lane.
In other business, the council will consider:
• The nomination of Jessica Henry to the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Board.
• Approving the amended version of the corporate lease agreement for the new Conway Municipal Airport.
• An ordinance appropriating reimbursements funds from various entities for the Conway Police Department.
• An ordinance appropriating asset forfeiture funds for various departmental training and annual conference membership dues for the Conway Police Department.
• A request for qualifications for installation, upgrades, maintenance and support for access control systems for the IT Department.
• A request for qualifications for telephone installation, upgrades and maintenance for the IT Department.
• Approving the monthly financial report ending March 31.
• And setting Round III of the 2014 City Council Workshop Meeting for 5:30p.m. on April 29 at the CPD upstairs conference room.
(Staff writer Joe Lamb, can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-1277. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)