• April 3-4 — The Faulkner County Library and UCA present a free two-day "zine"-making workshop at the library, 1900 Tyler St. This free workshop will provide a hands-on tutorial in creating a zine, or mini magazine, by folding a single sheet of paper and using text, drawing or collage to share your own ideas and experiences. The focus of the workshop will be on using zines to express what you believe it means to be a citizen. Zines produced at the workshop will be displayed at a Zinefest at UCA Downtown from 3-6 p.m. April 14. The workshop is appropriate for both adults and children (with supervision), and materials will be provided. RSVP to reserve your spot at http://uca.edu/go/zinemaking, by calling the library at 501-327-7482 or by email to email@example.com.
• April 4 — A free and public UCA Dixieland Jazz concert is set at 7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Under the direction of Jackie Lamar, band members include Johnathan Hufford, Kaitlyn Ledet, Brandon Lugo, Anna McAfee, Jacob Wayman, Cameron Thompson, Brandon Marlin, Jake Gatlin and Jeremy Landry. For more information, call the library at 501-327-7482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 7 — Join Crosspoint Baptist Church for a FREE movie night (Finding Dory) at 7:00 p.m. Concessions and food trucks will be open at 7 p.m. and the movie will start at 8 p.m. Don’t forget to bring your lawn chairs and blankets.Address: 48 Glenn Lane, Greenbrier
• April 12 — A public hearing to discuss plans and funding priorities for low-income persons in Faulkner, White and Cleburne counties is set at 3 p.m. at CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway.
• Sexual Assault Crisis Response Support Groups, 505 Amity Road, Suite 608. Sexual Assault support group meets 8-9 a.m.; Domestic Violence support group meets 9-10 a.m. Contact Kate Vincent at 501-358-6217.
• Al-Anon meetings from 5:45-6:45 at Grace United Methodist Church. Address: 1075 Hogan Lane, Conway
• Free art class starting at 9:00 a.m. Location: the Faulkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 705 E. Siebenmorgan Rd.
• Thursdays through May 18. Tai Chi 2 from 10-11 a.m. This class is open to all students with previous experience who would like to review the form. Register at https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1914041 !Location: UCA Downtown
• Grand Opening for CENTURY 21 Legacy Realty at 11:00 a.m. — Come celebrate the Grand Opening as CENTURY 21 Legacy Realty, and get to know our office, as well as what we do for our clients and community better. Location: 2115 Washington Ave
• Thursdays through May 18. Introduction to Tai Chi from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. The slow gentle movements of Tai Chi Chuan reduce stress and improve strength, stamina and balance. Register at https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1914052 ! Location: UCA Downtown
• Sally Barris returns to the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., at 7 p.m. for a free concert. Barris is an A-list Nashville songwriter who has had songs covered by such top-level artists as Kathy Mattea, Martina McBride and Lee Ann Womack. Her song "Let The Wind Chase You," recorded by Trisha Yearwood and Keith Urban, received a Grammy nomination for vocal collaboration in 2009. All library events are free and open to the public.