• Automotive Care 101, Saturday, Oct. 21, from 1-2:30 p.m. — Hines Service Center (798 Sixth Ave., Conway). Program will teach participants about safety, checking fluid levels, changing the oil, maintaining the cooling system, changing a flat and more. The class is free and open to the public. Please call Autumn at 501-450-3118 to register.
• The city of Mayflower will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. in the Courtroom at City Hall.
• WWII Living History Weekend begins Friday October 13 at 7 p.m. and runs through the afternoon on the 14 at the Museum of Veterans and Military History in Vilonia.
• Know Before You Go: The Costs of College Workshop, Friday, Oct. 13, from 7-8:30 p.m. — UCA Downtown (1105 Oak St., Conway). Designed for parents of high school students, participants will learn about the different types of financial aid, how to calculate the costs of college and how to make a plan to afford the college of your choice. This event is free and open to the public. Please call Autumn at 501-450-3118 to register.
• The Conway AARP Chapter will have our monthly meeting and lunch on Monday October 16th at the Conway Ola& John Hawks Senior Wellness & Activity Center. Please print ( two (2) ) articles when & where space is available from Friday 10-6 until 10-16 and for the last article until Friday 10-20.
• The city of Vilonia will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 7 p.m. at 18 Bise Drive in Vilonia.
• CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet Thursday, Oct. 19, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke counties in Arkansas and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• The third annual Pumpkin Palooza at Wofford Ranch is from 1-5 p.m. at 38 Green Meadows Drive in Vilonia. There will be food trucks, music, hay rides, petting zoo, horse rides, bounce house, face painting, pumpkins, games, prizes and more.
• The Faulkner County Singing Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. with Centerville United Methodist Church, 2 miles east of Woolly Hollow State Park. The public is invited.
• Faulkner County senior center activities:
Center CLOSED for Columbus Day