• Cookies with Santa will be held on Sunday, Nov. 12, from 1-4 p.m. at UCA Downtown. Bring the kids and let them decorate a cookie and tell Santa their wish list! For additional information, please call Autumn at 501-450-3118.
• The annual County Intergovernmental Cooperation Council meeting has been set for Nov. 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., upstairs in Courtroom A at the Faulkner County Courthouse.
• The Salvation Army Red Kettle and Angel Tree Kickoff is scheduled for 10 a.m. Nov. 14 at the First Security Bank on Old Morrilton Highway.
• Getting Out of the Boxes: Racing Toward Communication, Connection & Community will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 14, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Participants will come together to talk with one another and raise awareness about how race affects the economic, political and social well-being of the entire Conway community. The is event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
• Illuminate will be held on Saturdya, November 25 from 2-7 p.m. at Rogers Plaza and Simon Park. The event will feature the lighting of the 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, rides on the giant Ferris Wheel, pictures with Santa Claus, horse and carriage rides, miniature train rides, funnel cakes and more.
• Conway Public Schools District Facilities Master Plan Meeting will be Tuesday at 5 p.m. in the CPSD Administration Building.
• The Mt. Vernon-Enola School District’s regularly scheduled board meeting has been moved to Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
• The Women in Politics Evening Panel will be Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at the Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center on the UCA campus. This will be an evening discussion about current events. It is free and open to all women. Please call Autumn at 501-450-3118 for additional information. ?
• There will be a Red Cross blood drive on Thursday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Walmart on Dave Ward Drive in Conway.
• There will be a Red Cross blood drive on Saturday, Nov. 11, from 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Greenbrier Event Center
• The Fall Star Party at Woolly Hollow will be on Nov. 11 from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the park Visitor Center. Members of the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society will have telescopes available to view the different celestial bodies and constellations, and will be there to answer your questions. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• Faulkner County Museum holds its 15th annual Holiday Open House from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 501-329-5918 or email email@example.com
•There will be a Red Cross blood drive from 3-7 p.m. at The Walgreens on Oak Street in Conway