• Sunday — Conway Women’s Chorus Concert at 2 p.m. Location: Wesley United Methodist Church
• May 5 — The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas will close the Winter Crisis LiHEAP Assistance Program effective May 05, 2017. For more information in Faulkner County, please contact our Administrative Office at (501) 329-3891 or at 707 Robins St., Suite 700, Conway, AR 72034. In Cleburne County, please contact Debbie Gilmer, Community Services Coordinator, at 877-699-6924 or at 305 W. Searcy St., Heber Springs, AR 72543. In White County, please contact Lisa Smith, Community Services Coordinator, at 877-699-6962 or at 1132 Benton St., Searcy, AR 72143.
• May 6 — Toad Suck Daze Run 2017 at 8 a.m. (10K/5K Run, Conway). Visit http://www.toadsuckrun.com/register/ to register for this event.
• May 6 — VW & Classic Car Show from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 501-920-8206 or email VDubShowtime@comcast.net.
• CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke counties in Arkansas, and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• Jazzercise from 9-10 a.m. and 10-11 a.m. First lesson for free and open to the public. Call 501-679-6362 if you have any questions. Address: 5 Lois Lane
• Conway Writers’ Group meets 2-4 p.m. at the Faulkner County Senior Wellness Center, 705 E. Siebenmorgen Road. Writers of all ages participate to improve composition skills. Newcomers are always welcome and encouraged to bring a writing sample to share.
• Greenbrier Dance Academy will host its recital at 7 p.m. at the Conway High School auditorium. Admission is free and open to the public. The program theme is Olympic Glory, highlighting the Brazil Olympics.
• The Conway Garden Club will have a plant sale from 8-11 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church parking lot. The church is located at 2400 Prince St., intersection of Prince and Farris streets between Conway HS West and Chic-fil-A. Both shade and sun plants will be for sale as well as some shrubs. Also garden art, bric a brac, books and magazines.
• At 9 a.m. U.S. Rep. French Hill (AR-02) will host a disaster preparation seminar at the Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas. Representatives from the Red Cross, National Weather Service, Vilonia Fire Department, Faulkner County Office of Emergency Management, Arkansas Department of Emergency Management, Arkansas Department of Human Services, United Methodist Committee on Relief, and Catholic Charities of Arkansas each will participate, providing their specific expertise in how to better prepare for tornadoes, flooding and severe storms.
• First-time homeowner class from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Planning for your future as first-time homeowner is the focus of this course. Please make arrangements for lunch; a lunch break will be provided. Register for this FREE course online at https://ucaoutreach.tfaforms.net/63. Instructor: Kimberly Miller. Location: Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center
• The McNew Cemetery annual meeting. As is custom and policy, the last Saturday in April is the date for cleaning grounds and removing leaves. All who have relatives or friends buried in the cemetery, or otherwise have an interest in it, are urged to attend. Work usually begins very early and is completed by noon. In addition to cleanup, the board of directors will present several business items to the members. Should inclement weather prevent outdoor activity, members will meet at 9 a.m. at Centerville United Methodist Church for the business session.
• The Mount Vernon Community Cemetery will have the annual spring cleanup and decoration day from 8-11 a.m. A pot luck will be served at 11 a.m. at the Mount Vernon Community Center. Anyone with a loved one buried in the cemetery is encouraged to come and take part in the cleanup and decoration of the cemetery. Those who wish to make a donation for upkeep, mail to: Mount Vernon Community Cemetery, Bonnie Caldwell, 126 Shoemaker Circle, Conway, AR 72032.
• A Permaculture Basics Workshop by Stefan Johnson is set at 9 a.m. at H & W Dime and Dollar Store, 659 Hwy. 225 East, Greenbrier. The event is free and donations will be accepted to handle printing costs for the handouts. The workshop is hosted by the Centerville Community Group.
• Automotive Care 101 from 1-2:30 p.m. You will learn about safety, checking fluid levels, changing the oil, changing a flat tire and more in this free course. Register online at https://ucaoutreach.tfaforms.net/58 . Instructor: Brian Armstrong; location: Hines Service Center (714 Harkrider St.)