From Conway Police Department reports

Pantsless screamer

He was, police were told, drunk, and he was causing a problem ("intoxicated" and "creating a disturbance" in report-speak). The sun, you see, was still out, it being 3:30 p.m. that Friday, Nov. 24. As the officers were on the way they received an update to the drunken man’s behavior. He was outside, but the swing set, screaming and taking off his pants. Then further update: He had somehow in all this found time to punch a car window but had been drug into an apartment shortly after doing so. The officers arrived at the north-central Conway apartments.

There they were met by the man who called it in, pointing to the apartment the man had been drug into. As a sergeant arrived the officers converged on the apartment, knocking on the door. They were greeted by a woman. She said the drunken window-puncher was her brother, 25, currently in the back of the apartment in the care of her husband, who was working to calm the man down. He was, in fact, drunk, ("intoxicated") the woman told the officer. The officers asked to speak with the man and were shown to the back bedroom.

Yup, he was drunk ("…appeared to be highly intoxicated and had trouble standing.") He was confrontational while speaking with the officers. They got him to sit down, he calmed down, but then within a minute or two was back upset again. He was put in handcuffs, the officers concerned about safety at this point.

Officers called in the man’s ID, finding he’d been cited for public intoxication in the past, and had a warrant out of El Paso, Texas, which was non-extraditable.

All was considered, and the man was taken into custody for public intoxication. He cursed and screamed as the officer walked him, handcuffed, to the patrol car for the ride to jail. This continued on the ride, interspersed with commentary from the man that he was not drinking, and he was not in public when arrested.

This legal argument held no sway and the man was jailed. During the booking process officers had to act, several times, to keep the man from falling due to his unsteadiness. In consultation with the City Attorney, Disorderly Conduct was added to the intoxication charge.

Red handed

Thursday, Nov. 23 at 8:17 p.m. and police were called to the Walmart on Skyline Drive. Two shoplifters had been caught, police were told, and they were waiting in the asset protection (called "AP") to be introduced to the police.

The officer arrived and was introduced to the couple, a man and woman who shared the same last name, proven by their driver’s licenses. The asset protection associate at the store said the pair had been trying to shoplift over $1,000 in goods. This, the officer pointed out in the report, made their crime a felony. (The report did not list the goods, only as "Misc. items" with a $1,394.77 total value.)

An officer took the two, she 27, he 26, to jail, a second officer staying at the store to finish gathering information of the crime.

At the jail the woman admitted she had a pill bottle hidden in her bra. This was taken from her. While he name was on the bottle, ostensibly for a Hydrocodone prescription, but had several types of pills within, including the Hydrocodone, for which the woman said she had a prescription. She had to carry the bottle in her bra, she told the officer, to keep it from being stolen.

The officer checked with the narcotics investigator and was told to charge the woman with two counts of possession for the pills not listed on the bottle. While finalizing their being turned over to jail staff, the pair told the officer they both suffered scabies. With this the officer, prior to booking in the evidence, went to his home to shower and change into a clean uniform, leaving the evidence locked in his car during the transition.

After bathing he returned to the police department and booked the evidence.

Room to no

Police were called to the Petco on Sunday, Nov. 26 at about 3:30 p.m. A woman, an employee of the store, had found something there.

Officers arrived and spoke with the woman, who went to the safe in the manager’s office where she "retrieved a bag of suspected meth," the report stated. An employee, the woman told officers, had gone into the woman’s room and found the bag lying there. (There was some question, but no evidence to support, that the bag had been left there by a second employee who was leaving the room just as the woman entered.)

The meth was entered as evidence.