Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department.

An attempted robbery of a landlord led to an accusation but no charges.

On Wednesday, April 4, the victim was collecting rent money from several tenants on Fourth Avenue. When she finished writing a receipt for one of the tenants, he closed and locked the door and turned off the outside light. The victim stated that immediately after, a short, black male wearing a hoodie came from around the corner and placed her in a choke hold.

The victim said she kept elbowing the man in the ribs while he grabbed her keys and a bank bag containing about $1,000 and several checks. The suspect then dropped the bag, and when he went to pick it up, she said she was able to see his face, which was "slender and pointy." She said the suspect ran south down Fourth Avenue, and she had seen him hanging around before.

The victim also stated that when the struggle occurred, she screamed for help, and no one came outside. When the suspect ran away, she began knocking on the tenant’s door, but he did not answer it.

As a Conway Police officer was gathering information from the victim, a man came to a residence on Fourth Avenue from the east. When the victim saw him, she said he was the one who tried to rob her. She said he had the same shoes, black and red and not laced up tight. She said she was positive he was the robber because she had seen his face during the encounter.

The man said he would talk to police. He said he was on Fifth Avenue house sitting for some friends and that he had nothing to do with the robbery. The officer then approached the tenant and asked to search his residence. The resident complied, and the officer found a marijuana pipe, marijuana and a crack pipe.

The officer went to Fifth Avenue and confirmed that the man had been house sitting all day. The man went with the officer to the police department for questioning. He denied committing the crime and suspected the tenant and his house guest. The house guest said he was at work from 1 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., citing his manager as being there as well.

Neither man was charged.

Two coin-operated air machines were broken into according to the man who collected money from the machines.

The machines were on Oak Street and Dave Ward Drive, and each had been reported to the police. The man reported to the police that both machines were forced open in identical fashion. He told police that the value of the machine is approximately $1,500 and that about $600 in quarters are usually collected from each machine. Both machines are inoperable but will be replaced in the next two weeks.