Nietzsche’s revenge

Minutes after midnight the opening of Sunday, March 27, when police were called to a local diner about a forgery. There the reporting officer met with a couple.

The man of the pair (age not given) told the officer they were on their way back from Jacksonville, Arkansas, having conducted some business there. The business was due to the man having carved a Superman emblem out of wood for a resident there, giving the officer the address. The couple had driven there from Marshall, Arkansas to complete the transaction.

Cash was tight, the officer was told, and the couple were counting on the money from the sale to be able to fund their trip home.

They got to Jacksonville, met the buyer, and exchange the emblem for cash: Five $20 bills. With that they started home.

At Conway the pair decided to stop and grab a bite to eat, which they did, at the diner. As they prepared to leave they paid for the meal, only to find out the money, the same money they had gained for the emblem sale, was forged.

The money was confiscated for evidence, and the pair were given the report number. They were also told they should file a report with Jacksonville Police, the report concluded.

The end of a wrong weekend

It was Monday morning, March 28, when a young man called police to report his apartment door had been damaged very early that morning.

The man explained it was 2 a.m. and he invited a friend over. The friend arrived, and with him was his girlfriend. As everybody knew everybody it was "no big deal," the man told the officer. When the couple arrived they were both high on "bars," the man reported to the officer. ("Bars" being a slang term for a common prescription anti-depressant pill.) The girlfriend had several more bars, and the pair took them while they were at the apartment, he told the officer.

The happy trio thus engaged, when this was interrupted by the host’s girlfriend calling and ready for a ride home from work. The three left the apartment, the man getting in his pickup truck, his guest and guest’s girlfriend getting in their coupe. He was the first to leave, the host told the reporting officer.

When he got back to the apartment with his girlfriend, he found the other man, his former guest, banging on his front door. Asking what was at issue, the host was told his guest had left several "bars" in the apartment and wanted them back. He let them in, and the man and his girlfriend searched the apartment, not finding any of the pills. They argued, the guest accusing the host of theft of his drugs, his girlfriend in turn preparing to attack the host’s girlfriend, he told the officer. He pushed the guest through the front door and locked it, he told the officer.

(Wait it gets better.) (And by "better" I mean "worse.") The guest, outside and offended, began beating on the locked apartment door. The host, tiring of the clamor, went outside and told the man to leave. The man responded by biting him on the arm, he told the officer, the report stated. The host called the police. During this the guest He got in his car, girlfriend in tow, preparing to leave. (The officer noted here driving to the apartment to get pictures of the bite wound.)

After a moment the host went to confirm the pair had left when he found their car, still parked, but now with the dome light on. He, he told the officer, went looking for them. He found the pair out back of the apartment and, when coming upon them, the guest swung at the host with a box cutter, the host told the officer.

The man then got in his coupe and tried to run over him before leaving, he told the officer.

The officer asked the man why the police did not respond to his call. The man replied the police dispatcher told him there was nothing they could do, since the couple was leaving. He also told the officer when he woke up that morning there were scratches on his apartment door which were not there the night before.

The officer, in his report, showed here where he had dispatch check call records surrounding this event. Dispatch had calls at 2:34 a.m. and 2:38 a.m. from the man. The first call was from the host, asserting that someone was trying to file a false police report on him. When dispatch told him they were not on the phone with anyone he hung up.

The second call the host said someone had pulled a box cutter on him and tried to run him over with their car, but he would not tell police where this was taking place. He put a second man on the phone (estimated to be the guest) but that man had difficulty speaking with the dispatcher, his speech notably slurred. He, too, would not give the location.

(Wait, it gets better.) A couple arrived at the police department two hours later, wanting to file a report. It was the guest and his girlfriend from the previous evening. The officer told them he had already taken a report from the host, further explaining that any false statement they made could result in charges being filed.

They agreed and continued with their complaint.

They said they were at the man’s apartment and preparing to leave with the guest realized he had left his wallet in the apartment. When they knocked to get it back, the host’s girlfriend began yelling and cursing them, telling them to leave, they told the officer, the report stated. This resulted in a shoving match at the apartment’s entrance, with the guest’s girlfriend being pushed to the ground by the host, they told the officer.

To the officer’s question they said they had not ingested any drugs that evening. Both gave the officer written reports.

The oldest person in the group was the host, at 23 years, the youngest the guest’s girlfriend, at 20 years.

Readers are reminded that several recreation and social outlets exist in Conway, any one of which make for an excellent date-night.

Ze plane

The evening of Tuesday, March 29, officers were called to an apartment about ongoing harassment. While enroute the officers were told the group were "currently in a legal case," the report stated.

The reporting officer arrived and spoke with the apartment’s lessor, who was the person who had made the call. He told the officer he was being harassed by a man. The man was the husband of a woman to whom he had given a tattoo, he told the officer, giving him the couple’s names.

The story continued. The tattooist had contracted with the couple to give the woman a $700 tattoo which, per the harassing couple, had not been completed. The tattooist played a voicemail the husband had left for him, which concluded with the husband stating he was going to break the tattooist’s face. Added to this was an obscene text message to the tattooist from the wife of the pair.

This was further complicated, and would hopefully be resolved, by a forthcoming court case, the artist explained to the officer. He told the officer $500 of the $700 had been withheld from his pay by his former employer, a local tattoo studio and this breach of contract was to be addressed.

He told the officer the couple, despite his request, had not stopped calling him, and would follow him around town in their car when he was out. He had, from the couple, received "non-verbal, harassing hand gestures" as well, he told the officer, the report stated.

Grand theft real life

Just after lunch on March 29, when officers were called about a shoplifter at a rent-to-own store. A man had run out of the store with a pilfered gaming console, police were told.

An employee of the store was in the process of chasing the man as officers got the call. The employee was on the Interstate following the thief’s car, an import sedan with temporary tags.

The reporting officer arrived at the store and spoke with an employee there. She said the man had come in and made arrangements to contract for the gaming console. In the process of completing his paperwork, the employee went into the back to check on some related affair, she told the officer. When she did so the man got up, grabbed the console and ran out the door, the officer reported.

The woman showed the officer what forms the man was filling out, but almost all the blocks on the form were blank, with no identifying information. The woman was able to describe the man’s appearance and dress.

The officer gained the serial number to the unit, and it was entered in the stolen goods database. Arrangements were made to get the officer security footage of the event so it would be entered into evidence.

The report had no further information on the Interstate pursuit between the employee and the suspected thief.