Organizers of the Conway EcoFest are seeking individuals and group volunteers for a work day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday to be held at Advent Lutheran Church, 900 Farris Road.
Some of the tasks where help is needed include the following:
• Making and painting several large sandwich boards with smaller panels that can be lifted to reveal answers to random questions about the environment. These will be placed throughout the EcoFest.
• Developing questions for the sandwich boards
• Painting directional and area signs
• Making cardboard and bamboo trees for the Walk-thru Lorax (based on the Dr. Seuss book);
• Cutting bamboo and making sign posts
• Completing miscellaneous tasks for each section; this includes additional development for the recycling/waste/litter section;
• The public may sign up to volunteer for event
Those having scrap wood are asked to call Debbie Plopper at 327-2105 or notify coordinators through the Web site, www.ConwayEcoFest.com, prior to Saturday if possible.
Those attending Saturday’s work day are encouraged to bring paint rollers and/or brushes of all sizes. Refreshments will be served.
The Conway EcoFest will be held at Laurel Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 12 and is a highly interactive, connected, balanced, educational, fun and practical look at environmental issues that impact all of us. Exhibits and activities are for all age groups.
Many volunteer opportunities are still available prior to event, in addition to the day of the event. Volunteers are encouraged to sign up through the Web site to ensure a large enough volunteer pool.
A volunteer training meeting will be held Aug. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at the Laurel Park pavilion.
For more information, contact Plopper or visit the Web site.